“Sportbar”

Cuisines: Indian, International, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I liked this place.. If you want to meet some europeans this is a place to go. The service is really good and the crew is very nice and friendly..
Can recommend the Indian food in here..

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the ambiance of this place. Good food and drink. It’s lively easy to get to. Menu choices are great.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

They open only at noon, so it's a great place if you're looking for a late English breakfast.
Staff are polite, but seem a bit unmotivated at times.
Their Steak and Mushroom Pie is a big and delicious meal.
Location is pretty good on Dostyk Ave.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We were sitting near the door, because the place was packed. It was not the main entrance, so we asked the manager to lock the door, since people were keep using it and it was very cold outside. He said he will close it but he never did. We asked the waitress twice, and the third time she locked the door. Note that we asked very nicely and it was not the main entrance. There was another door and most people didn't mind to use the main door. After a while a client approaches the manager and asks him to unlock the door and the manager unlocks the door. So I called the manager and explained him, that this is not how you treat your clients. I won't lie, I was pretty upset and was a bit emotional. And he was very rude pointing his finger out and saying that I should listen to him and understand that he is trying to please every customer. But as far as I was concerned, he was pleasing everyone, except us. And please note, there is a main entrance, it is not a big place and we aksed other people and they didn't mind using the main door and also we asked, if it's possible to lock the door and he said yes. So that's why we were insisting on our request. If he initially told us that it is impossible to lock the door, we wouldn't have been persuasive. I love the food here and I am a frequent client. I am very disappointed and I think the manager could've handled the situation professionally. Maybe it is not a big deal for you, but I don't think I will be coming to this place again.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This is a "home from home" English style pub especially for those homesick Brits . Just like your local back home this is a really good replica of of an English pub complete with dart board but no 'pot black' table. Several different brands of beer and TV screens showing Premiere league footy. Extensive menu including English Sunday lunch ! ....however not being there on that day I tried bangers and mash and wished I hadn't - the bangers were awful, almost inedible. Apparently the chef is from India so perhaps the curries are much better. Anyway if you're in the area it's worth a visit for a beer and perhaps a chat ( about the weather ?) to other expats.