See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2016

I stayed here one night while on a trip through Tohoku. It is quite close to the east exit of the JR station (the quiet side). Rooms are fairly large and bed (thankfully) was comfortable. Many hotels in Japan seem to feature rock hard mattresses, but this one had a thick pad, and I was able to sleep well. The breakfast is simple but quite adequate. Eggs, potatoes, onigiri, soup, a variety of breads, salad and fruit. Free coffee is available on the 2nd floor. The only problem I noticed was that sound really carried from the hallway.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Stayed 3 nights in June 2015. Relatively easy walk from the JR Station (which was undergoing some renovation work), but as always in Japan, good to have a print out of the directions to the hotel if you don't have an enabled smartphone with maps.

Have stayed at a number of Comfort Inn's on previous trips, and they are all very much alike. Smallish rooms (which is par for the course), clean and an above average breakfast included. 100 yen convenience store in the same building with a regular convenience store across the street if you feel like a snack or drink.

To me the Comfort Inn's are a step up from some of the other well known Japanese Business Hotels. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2015

Since the March 11, 2011 disasters, tremendous construction has gone on in Japan's Tohoku region and particularly in its regional capital, Sendai, meaning many new hotels and venues. This hotel, one of two in the chain serving the station area, is clean, new, convenient and reasonably priced, for those looking mainly just for no-frills accommodation. I came here for a global conference and assume prices went up slightly, but it was still value for money.

Room Tip: One entrance from street, lobby on 2f, rooms from 3f.
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'd like to be able to report on our stay at this hotel. After all, we had confirmed reservations.
But when we showed up at the hotel, about 8:30pm, they claimed to know nothing of our reservations.

But wait! Several phone calls and the manager arranged rooms for us; splitting up our group, but at least he found rooms.

So two off us set off to hotel #2, a kilometer walk through the city. With luggage.

But when we got to hotel #2, they had never heard of us. A long conversation with the hotel desk and Comfort Hotel Sendai East, and, "Oops. We sent you to the wrong hotel. We'll send a cab to take you to hotel #3."

After waiting 20 minutes for the cab from Comfort Hotel, we caught a we-pay cab to hotel #3.

But when we got to hotel #3, you guessed it, they had never heard of us. At least their English was better, and they got on the phone to Comfort Hotel. (Thank you JalCity) See what's coming?

Ah, said Comfort Hotel. We really should have sent you to hotel #4. We'll send a cab to take you there.

It wasn't really a wild goose chase, since their cab actually did appear and hotel #4 expected us. But a confirmed reservation ignored and 2 hours of running around after travel and a full day of work wasn't fun.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This place feels like a typical Japanese small-room hotel with the slight snag being that this is not Tokyo but Sendai. I had a single room. The workdesk had the tv on the left, the barfridge below it and the dresser mirror in front. And if I move the chair back a bit more, I hit the bed.

The bathroom also was tiny with the sink abutting and intruding into the bathtub, which by the way is not standard size.

I spent just the night there, checking in when dark and leaving right at breakfast, which btw contained a surprising spread in the very small space. So I have no real complaints. But it would be difficult to spend much time in my room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business