See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Really enjoyed our stay here, felt well looked after, wish we could stay for longer as we only stayed 1 night.

The hotel is easy to find, about 10 minutes walk from the Beppu train station. We stayed in a traditional Japanese styled room, and the friendly staff helped us with our bedding. It was so comfortable that I didn't feel like I was sleeping on the floor.

The TV has only Japanese channels, and the staff spoke limited English. We felt immersed in the local experience. Communication was not a problem and the staff was helpful throughout our stay.

You can hire traditional summer clothes Yukata for a small price. There were a good selection and looked quite new. The lady showed us how to wear it, and we walked around the hotel in it. Lots of photo opportunities.

Other guests were local and it seemed like a good weekend getaway, for couples or friends. The onsen is separated by gender. No clothes are allowed. It was quiet and spacious with 2 indoor pools and 1 outdoor pool. Traditional sitting shower cubicles were on site.

We booked our stay with Japanican and the offer was good, including breakfast and dinner. I was very impressed with the food, which were local produce. Breakfast was a combination of buffet and set dishes. See photos.

The bus outside Beppu station goes pass the tourist sites around Beppu which was very convenient. The picture map on the board was very helpful and easy to understand.

Overall it was a lovely stay and would recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Stay in Japanese room for an authentic experience, get the breakfast and dinner package.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel is close to JR station and the bus stop to spring attractions (the 2nd stop from JR). The room is spacious and bright. The dishes for dinner are nicely and modernly decorated, and tasty as well. Highly recommended!

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2017

We stayed at this modern ryokan late October. From the minute entering the ryokan, the service was great. The room for the four of us was huge, 2 western beds, 2 futons. We visited the onsen before and after dinner and first thing in the morning. We took advantage of complimentary mochi, and the extra pillows offered. I even rented a kimono for the evening to help get in the mood. Everyone loved the meals. This hotel was close to the station which made it convenient. Loved every minute of it and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2016

You take off your shoes at the entrance and stay without any footwear or slippers in the room, at the hallway and anywhere in the facility. That was much more comfortable than expected. Even the elevator has Tatami on the floor (I think this is earlier than Hoshinoya Tokyo did it). The room was spacious and relaxing with Tatami and cushions. There are a lot of decorations using bamboos which are one of the local specialties.
Japanese-style dinner and breakfast were really nice with local foodstuff including vegetables, fishes, and meats. You can also enjoy varieties of local sake. Tomatoes for the breakfast salad buffet were very good.
The lobby in front of a garden changed to a bar at night until midnight. They also offer coffee/tea and snacks in the morning and afternoon.
It locates pretty close to Beppu station (6 min walk) but bit away from sightseeing areas like Beppu Jigoku Tour (15 min drive).

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I read many reviews of this hotel with all excellent rating. I booked this hotel which offered hefty discounts promotion with the Kyushu Promotion Board. I was a bit apprehensive of getting excellent services with such promotion but anyway still went ahead with my booking. All worries about not getting that excellent services disappeared when I stepped into the hotel. The staff welcome was really beyond my expectation. I have stayed in many Japanese hotels/ryokans where services were good to excellent but this top is the top of the cream. One of the staff accompanied us to the room and showed us all the facilities on the way. The room was HUGE and the bathroom was almost the size of the full room of some of the smaller hotels I stayed in the past. The twin beds each look like a double bed and were very comfortable, just the things we need after a long flight. The promotion included breakfast and lunch and these were also beyond my expectations. Not only were the dishes beautifully displayed, they were also very delicious and the services were equally excellent. The hot spring bath may be a bit small but not crowded at all. In fact I was alone or with one or two at most. All in, my wife and I enjoyed our time in this hotel the most during our 11 days tour of Kyushu. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family