US$94
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$147
Beppu Kamenoi Hotel(Beppu)(Great Value!)
US$77
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

Kannawaen(Beppu)
US$312
Hana Beppu(Beppu)
US$190
US$69
US$60
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

Nishitetsu Resort Inn Beppu(Beppu)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$67
Ryokan
Hotel New Tsuruta(Beppu)(Great Value!)
US$92
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$214
US$160
JAPANiCAN.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$233/night.

Nogamihonkan Ryokan(Beppu)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssea viewpublic onsenamenitiesspalobbydinnerryokanjapan
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We got the room with the ocean foot and foot spa. It was so so so nice. I loved the fresh air blowing through as they were cleaning the rooms. This was the most comfortable futon we slept in anywhere in Japan. They even turned the futons out for us on the second evening. So nice!

This place is really all about the breakfast! The first day we were seated in a communal room, sitting on the floor. The second day we had a little private dining room with a sea view. I don't know how you'd arrange that, but it was so nice. Every dish in this Japanese style breakfast was so tasty and beautiful too.

The service all throughout is genuinely kind and helpful. Had a bit of banter with the staff too, good fun! It feels like a happy place.

The public onsen for residents is open all night. It was so nice after a long day of touristing to come up and have a soak. I had the whole place to myself at 11pm!

We also rented the family onsen on the roof. So cool! Very nice views of Beppu from up there. We had yukata - thankfully in two sizes. All kinds of little amenities are provided, which helps if you forget anything.

I heard so many nice things about the dinners - and I'd go back to try them. It's just that they are so close to some other great restaurants.

Some people commented on the older decor of this lobby. In a few years it will be vintage. Just stick with it, it's charming and comfortable.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms with a sea view, ask about the private dining room for breakfast
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nearly
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Combining the benefits of ryokan and hotel rooms.
This hotel has room like ryokan's room.
Also, hotel Spa is like traditional japanese spa.There are public baths and private baths.Breakfast is not a buffet, but a Japanese-style meal. The Japanese atmosphere in the restaurant is wonderful.
Above all, Staffs are very kind.
This hotel's location is good as well.
(Walking Bus terminal 5min, Jr beppu 15min)

Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Hyun-june P
Reviewed 19 October 2016

This is the first time I wrote about my unforgettable experience of accommodation in Japan.

Beppu is famous for its hot spring spots, which makes one important part of my trip to Fufuoka. We picked this hotel at random on the net.

Having checked in and we couldn't wait to put down our luggage. It was the first time I tried the traditional Japanese tatami rooms. Gorgeous!

After a short break for half an hour or so, we left the room to take a look at the hotspring spa upstairs. We came back to the room and were all surprised that the bed sheets and pillows had all been made and the room messed with our luggage tidied. How caring!

An amazing part for the night stay follows - the dinner. While we can always pay for authentic Japanese cuisines in many places. BUT, the dinner served to us, the way we were served, is of TOP grade! The side dishes are so refreshing and served as very good starters. The Genmaicha adds to the freshness in between the dishes. This is the best one I ever tasted. We had steamed eels, hotpot for pork. What comes next is the beef to be cooked on 'salted rock'. I made the beef to just above medium rare (yes it's my style). Put into mouth, the juice remains with our chewing. We were all fascinated by this top quality beef. 美味しいですね。

Again, we can always pay for high quality food. But, It is the way we were served that I must write this review. Every time the waitress came in and served us: bringing us dishes and explaining to us how to consume the dishes, which dishes go with which sauce etc. Besides the taste of the meal, the evening was filled with wholeheartedness and sincerity of the staff. She made us feel respected and important! Looking out of the windows we enjoyed the serenity of the sea. We didn't drink beer thought. The amazing dinner finished, we took a few pictures outside the room, the waitress who mainly served us, together with some others, stood at a distance and took a bow to us to wave goodbye. Not just for dinner, but also the next morning a very good breakfast provided. It's another waitress who served us in this turn.

Being one customer so lucky to be served by such quality staff, I would say they should earn our respect and compliments!

Thanks again to the very nice staff again!

3 Hongkongers who stayed on 30/9/2016

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chung e
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. We hat a traditional tatamiroom with a seperat part with 2 seats and a view on the ocean. At morning we hat a traditional
Japanese breakfast. The hotel lobby suggests otherwise don't be alarmed about the look.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed with my family and we gotten a sea facing japanese style room

Friendly staff and check in was fuss free

The room was huge and we slept on tatami and the onsen was on the higher floor overlooking the sea which is nice for morning bath

I only choose the breakfast meal and it was healthy and nice

Relatively this is a basic mid tier ryokan and considering the price I paid I can't complain at all.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family