“Craziest Winding Roads!”
Review of Irohazaka Route

Irohazaka Route
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I was on a tour bus on my way to see the sites of Lake Chūzenji but oh my goodness I was not expecting these kinds of mountainous roads to get me there. I'm from Texas, so to be honest, I was extremely nervous of these sharp looking turns (and on a mountain, no less!) and winding roads. But thankfully, I was in the hands of an extremely experienced driver so I enjoyed the scenery much more than I had expected. Shoutout to Mr. Watabe!

Anywho, the mountains are so gorgeous here and I couldn't wait to just snap away with my camera to capture ever scenery. And the craziest thing! I even saw monkeys here! It was super regretful that I didn't have my camera ready at all times but I saw monkeys dangling off of the trees from my bus window! It was amazing. I have never seen anything like it before. So make sure to always have your phone on camera mode at the ready so you don't miss a thing! Enjoy!

All reviews
"mountains"
in 8 reviews
"autumn"

Reviewed 20 July 2017

The only road to Chuzenji Lake from Nikko. It was my first time getting through here, seeing the bus driver navigate through every turns is so much fun. The road has an amazing view of Irohazaka.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

This road is a great experience even if you don't drive yourself but are sitting on a tour bus. Add some snow and a bit of ice and it makes it even more exciting. Beautiful, too, with the snow on the mountains. We saw some deer on along the way.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Long drive out of Tokyo (3 hours from memory), however this was WELL worth it.

I hired a Nissan GTR-R24 Skyline, and loved every moment of the drive, even highway driving to Iroha-zaka. But once at the Iroha-zaka route, I was in driving heaven!

It was kind of a dream come true to drive such a beautiful car at this beautiful location, after playing "Initial-D" as a kid. It became a reality!

Too bad about the slow speed limit, but nonetheless this was an amazing drive, doing the hairpin turns and looking out over the scenic mountains.

If you love sports cars, and love driving, this is for you!

1  Thank MatthewB5879