All reviews open air ocean view crab buffet spread ramen japanese food private onsen speak good english stayed two nights breakfast and dinner hotel room japanese style room seafood hakodate station timetable comfort balcony
Reviewed 22 December 2017

I wasn't sure what to expect. My family wanted the experience of staying in a traditional Japanese hotel. I wanted the comfort and certainty of a normal hotel. And all for the right price. I ploughed through various hotel booking sites and chanced on this one. I had 3 rooms and i had the package with breakfast and dinner bundled in. It wasn't cheap but not extravagant considering the meals. The meals were the most enjoyable part of the day. I am not a Japanese food expert but the buffet spread were pretty good for me and my 3 generational family with a wide spread of local food. The dinner spread was fantastic with a good choice of seafood. I can't recall how many Japanese king crabs we consumed. The rooms were adequate and spacious enough but not luxurious. Hotel staff were helpful and i am grateful that they put us in rooms right beside each other. In the evenings futons (Japanese sleeping mats) were laid out for us. And best of all the rooms came with yukatas (Japanese traditional wear like the ones you see in samurai movies) and it was fun having all family members dressed up in yukatas for family photo shoots. Some of us went for dinner (in the hotel of course) and likewise with may other hotel guests. Overall a enjoyable 2 night stay. Not much around the area apart for a garden nearby with people going there mainly to view Japanese macaques enjoying the onsen during winter. Only downside here being i don't think these are free ranging monkeys.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Initially, we are living on 707 but the toilet seat is out of order. The toilet water is splashed to the door. They change us to 307 which is opposite to a restaurant and is noisy. We request a room on a higher level, but they said it was full house. I am so disappointed because this resort is not cheap and the arrangement is really bad.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank oyyeejoycem
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Comfortable hotel. The hot spring area on the fourth floor only has three main pools which seem small. The buffet had a great variety which was a plus. Overall it's a great hotel and close by many of the attractions.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank itsxjackie
Reviewed 27 February 2017

The hotel is located by the sea. The only downside I can say is the sound of the wave throughout the night. If you hv big luggage, I would recommend you going by taxi from the station. It costs around 1800 yen. You could save the spending from elsewhere.

However, the staff and hotel website are not very customer oriented. You would have hard time to contacting the staff for advice etc. Please also remember that their check out is at 10am. We made a mistake and they would charge you for 30 mins delay.

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank Casey_An
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

This hotel is big and considered in town and is by the sea. We chose to stay in the room in the annex building as learning from Tripadvisor review. The room was specious with good sea view and of course, we had a good time of the private hot spring bath in room. The service was really great as the staffs seemed very care. The half board meals which were included were superb!! As We noticed, the guest who stayed in the annex part would get great extra dishes on the table i.e. Crab, big scallop and etc. There were a show kitchen which offered some western/fusion food i.e. Sliced Wagyu steak, Fried chicken and etc. so staying in annex building is recommended.

Date of stay: April 2016