“The restaurant sits up on a hill. It's like entering in a chapter of a old mystery movie.”
Review of Valentino's

Valentino's
Ranked #15 of 81 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Lets start . We went with friends on Saturday night. We knew that the interior was going to be a flash back to the 70's and 80's. It was. We arrived , and the place was pretty much empty(7:00) A table had six people was waiting to order. We sat at our table which was assigned to us by a wonderful older women. I think she was the owner. She was sweet. We sat for a while and I went to the out dated bar to get some drinks. Not much of a selection. But, it was a pleasure to help out. The lovely lady was a bit to busy trying to take orders and cleaning off tables. I wanted to get up and help but did not want to step on anyones toes. Our bread and pepper biscuits were great. The salads were crisp and the dressings tasteful. We all ordered chicken parm with pasta and it came with great green beans. The food was hot and tastey. We will go back. They have mainly Italian but do have French also.

1  Thank Stephen H

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for lunch on Sunday, the waitress was a lovely Italian woman, assumed owner. We had the frog legs and veal piccata. Both were excellent! We will definitely be back again!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I've been to Valentino's several times but this time I decided to try something other than my usual choice (chicken caciatorre). I chose shrimp marinara and I was not disappointed. The homemade pepper biscuits were brought out first then a crisp salad and warm bread. I had nice size shrimp on a bed of angel hair and it was quite tasty. My dining partner had the filet of some stuffed with crab meat which she said was quite tasty. The owners are very friendly and while the decor is "old style" it does give the place character. In the summer the grounds are beautiful. This is NOT a place to go for a hurried meal. You don't feel rushed and you can enjoy your meal

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Lovely setting. Older building but very clean. We were the only ones there for dinner at 6:00 pm on Monday. The lady took care of us was extremely polite and everything came out very timely. My wife's chicken parmigian was good but not anything special. I had a french prepared steak which was good but a little over cooked. Prices were in line with other restaurants we been to. Overall a nice time and I will give them another try.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Good food. split the dinner. very large portions like all Italian food. nice view... great View! The hosts were very nice. According to a local couple who makes the best Manhattan around. We had the key and a half carafe it was $10 or dinner was $30 total. It was a quiet setting due to the time of year, but, I would recommend the food if you like just good Italian food...