“Hang on..we're goin downhill”
Review of La Cucina - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Cucina
Reviewed 27 May 2017

The last three times we visited, it kept getting worse. Pizzas weren't the same the burgers had no flavor and the place just didn't hold up its end of the bargain. The doors finally closed. But the good news is that Joe Parillo, the former longtime owner is back. They are currently remodeling and a new chef was hired to run the restaurant(steakhouse) while Joe takes over the bar. Can't wait for it to open again.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I was looking forward to a great Italian meal after our 6 mile walk in town. I ordered the Stuffed Shells with a side order of Italian sausage. The server rudely stated that there would be an extra charge for that. I told her that I didn't expect free items. I also asked that I not have croutons or onions on my salad. Several minutes later the salad arrived with onions and (somehow) the sausage on it. I told her that the sausage goes with the Stuffed Shells. She adamantly told me I ordered the salad this way. My wife and I both told her I did not. She continued to be rude. I told her that I would not be treated this way and she could keep the salad and everything else. A friend of mine came up at this point and started a conversation with me. When it concluded, we left. I was very angry and couldn't believe the servers attitude. We were very hungry and ended up eating elsewhere in Amsterdam. Extremely disappointed as I thought we would have a great meal as many friends and acquaintances were there.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

I was in town for the first time in ten years. Unfortunately, it was Labor Day & the two Italian restaurants on the South Side that I have always liked - as do my parents - were both closed. We decided on La Cuchina. When I hear the name I think bistro-style or similar, but this place was more a bar than any thing else. There were no servers - a sure sign we should have gotten up & left, but my parents are older & were tired. The bartender ended up waiting on us but the service was sooooo slow. It took over ten minutes to get our salads and another 50 minutes to get our entrees. More groups came in after us and finally two servers, but it didn't make up for the lack of ability to serve us. And the food was not worth the price we paid - even if the service was good. On a holiday with other restaurants in your area closed, there is no excuse. On top of all of that, they didn't even offer us a discount. I will not return, nor do I recommend it. Find something else.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We ordered 4 pizzas (3 varieties) and large anti pastes. All were good and the house dressing was excellent. Wood fired pizza is available at certain times.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We were in Amsterdam for a Polish Fest at St. Stan's, and hungry after dancing to Betsy and The Bygones. Asked for a recommendation to a good Polish restaurant, was told none were left in town. Very sad !!! However, a bunch of older recommended LaCucina, said it had some of the best, and surprisingly most reasonable Italian food in the area. Boy, were they all right !!!!!!