“Parillo's Armory Grill, Amsterdam, New York”

Parillo's Armory Grill
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Delightful, small, cozy, intimate, in the "Italian" restaurant area of Amsterdam. What a find. We met good friend for dinner, never having been there before. Food and service were excellent, met the owner, who also vacuums when needed ! Keristie, the bar person and Manager, was our server, and a lovely, delightful, very helpful and informative young lady as well. Food is all home made, fresh to order, and well worth the extra wait. My wife is a celiac, and they had gluten-free, delicious pasta for her. Rare to find, and much appreciated. My clams in red sauce were perfect; little, slightly salty, cooked to perfection gems of the sea, served with wonderfully al dente pasta in a magnificenmt homemade marinara sauce. Perfetto !!!! Coffee was a delicious, lovely finish to a wnderful meal, hopefully to be repeated often in the coming months.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Tonight we were so lucky to have walked into Parillo's Amory Grill - we are traveling from Boston to Syracuse and after hours in Thanksgiving traffic through Mass, by the time we got to Amsterdam we were starving. We came into Parillo's not knowing they closed significantly earlier and we were greeted incredibly warmly - they basically took us and our baby in and fed us the most amazing soup, salad and chicken parm we've ever had. We could not have been more welcomed or more satisfied! We definitely plan to make this our go-to when traveling back to Syracuse, of course during business hours next time :)

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We had a late dinner at Parillo's Armory Grill during Amsterdam's Octoberfest on Saturday night. We had the Vodka Rigatoni with sausage and the Chicken Francais with mushrooms and wine sauce and a side of pasta. Both were excellent and too much to eat in one serving. As usual, the entrees come with a house salad and garlic bread.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Great Italian Food, service was great, an Amsterdam Landmark< I would go again anytime.I had the Chicken Parm and a salad, good stuff.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

This is an old established restaurant that we had never been to but read good things about it. It was my 66th Birthday and I chose here because of what I had read and it's been there forever, figured they must be doing something right. We went on a Sunday afternoon 3:30 and there were no other diners. Decor seemed dated and old. Ordered the clams Fra Diavlo asked if there was garlic bread with that ( most places have some slices on the plate to soak up the sauce) waitress said no but brought us a bowl of garlic bread and the clams were good. So far so good. Then one of the staff brought out a vacuum cleaner and proceeded to vacuum the room next to us getting ready for the nights comedy show. This went on for half of our dinner. The dinner was OK, nothing special my veal parm was very thin, our son ordered chicken parm ate it but never really said much more. Bottom line is I would never go back here to eat, to many good restaurants to spend my money on. I think this this place is more of a neighborhood memory. Time to move on people.