“Visit during Amsterdam's Octoberfest”

Parillo's Armory Grill
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We had a late dinner at Parillo's Armory Grill during Amsterdam's Octoberfest on Saturday night. We had the Vodka Rigatoni with sausage and the Chicken Francais with mushrooms and wine sauce and a side of pasta. Both were excellent and too much to eat in one serving. As usual, the entrees come with a house salad and garlic bread.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Great Italian Food, service was great, an Amsterdam Landmark< I would go again anytime.I had the Chicken Parm and a salad, good stuff.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

This is an old established restaurant that we had never been to but read good things about it. It was my 66th Birthday and I chose here because of what I had read and it's been there forever, figured they must be doing something right. We went on a Sunday afternoon 3:30 and there were no other diners. Decor seemed dated and old. Ordered the clams Fra Diavlo asked if there was garlic bread with that ( most places have some slices on the plate to soak up the sauce) waitress said no but brought us a bowl of garlic bread and the clams were good. So far so good. Then one of the staff brought out a vacuum cleaner and proceeded to vacuum the room next to us getting ready for the nights comedy show. This went on for half of our dinner. The dinner was OK, nothing special my veal parm was very thin, our son ordered chicken parm ate it but never really said much more. Bottom line is I would never go back here to eat, to many good restaurants to spend my money on. I think this this place is more of a neighborhood memory. Time to move on people.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

First, I've lived in the area for almost 50 years but had never been here until this date. My daughter was taking me out for my birthday and I suggesting Parillo's Armory Grill for precisely this reason. We looked over the online menu - great selection. Saturday night, 25th of February 2017, weather not the best...wet snow, chilly and windy. We got to the restaurant, sparsely populated. So I guess that meant no full menu because we were given a menu to choose from....less than half the choices of those we had seen online. If there were 1/4 of those choices, I am being generous. I guess our money wasn't green enough for them to offer their regular menu.....on a Saturday night, no less. If it had been a weekday evening, I could have been more accepting of this, but really? Saturday night and you're handing us this flimsy dinner menu?? That was strike one. Strike two came when I ordered one dish and received another, had to sit there waiting for them to rectify this error while my companions dinners sat there getting cold because they weren't going to eat their dinner until I had mine....my birthday and all. Anyway, strike three was the long blond hair in the salmon dish of my daughter's companion. I will never go back there. One of the worst dining experiences I think I've ever had. I can get better service, better choices and just all around better at the local Amsterdam Diner. Truly.

1  Thank Sherri K
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Hot appetizer for two , Stuffed shrimp, clams casino, & forgot the roasted peppers.
salads that were still partially frozen
had to send my meal back twice, cold and not cooked.
very slow, but it was a busy night. Arrived 6:15 for a 6:30 reservation, got our bread and drink, ( had to go back forgot mine ) , 7:15. served our appetizer and meal @ the same time. Be a lond time before going back.