Alpico Plaza Hotel(Matsumoto)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$65
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Richmond Hotel Matsumoto(Matsumoto)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$97
Priceline
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

Premier Hotel -CABIN- Matsumoto(Matsumoto)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$63
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

Ace Inn Matsumoto(Matsumoto)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$60
Agoda.com
Hotel New Station(Matsumoto)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$64
  • Restaurant
Hotel Montagne Matsumoto(Matsumoto)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$71
Priceline
Ryokan
US$592
US$508
JAPANiCAN.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$625/night.

TripAdvisor
  • Spa
Ryokan
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I stayed at Gosenjaku for 2 nights. Located right in front of the Kappa Bridge and a few minutes walk away from the bus terminal. Great walking or hiking options on either side of the hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean with plenty of outlets for my charging needs. The bathroom real estate is that of a typical Japanese business hotel. The meals were absolutely delicous, and the fine-dining experience was fantastic. The staff were all friendly and accommodating even before my check-in, and were very helpful when I asked them questions. The front desk staff even escorted me to my room and explained the various gadgets available to me during my stay. The hotel is also very generous with its tasty snacks and drinks.

Beds were comfortable and the river outside provide a pleasant and relaxing sound.

I will definitely be booking my reservation at Gosenjaku the next time I come back to Kamikochi. It has been a great pleasure to stay at a wonderful hotel. Thank you.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
4  Thank Helloimbrian
gosenjaku_hotel, マネージャー at Gosenjaku Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you very much for giving 5 stars and wonderful comments to us.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

The location of Gosenjaku hotel is unbeatable as it's right next to the Kappa Bridge, which I would consider as 'the centre' of Kamikochi. The dinner (western fine dine) and breakfast (western style) were both very nice, we really enjoyed it.

The room is basic but clean and tidy. There is an onsen, although it's not comparable to other proper onsen hotel, it was good to have an onsen bath after a day of hiking.

The reason why I'm not giving it a 5 stars is because it is pricy but I guess you don't really have much choice if you decided to spend a night or two in Kamikochi.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
3  Thank alisan_alisan
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We stay here for the one night. Hotel’s location is perfect and just next to bridge. Room is specious and well-design. Amenities is good. Hot spring is a big plus especially after all day hiking.
We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oland T
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Gosenjaku hotel was a nice hotel in Gosenjaku as it was near to Kappa Bridge and the way up to the mountain trail. The rooms were clean and tidy and reception services excellent. Breakfast and dinner pretty good while the views on the surrounding area good for photo-taking. Nonetheless during our stay there, the weather was bad and we could not do much outside due to typhoon but have to stay and enjoy the quiet atmosphere inside the hotel. Recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Kappa Bridge
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We had a great time staying here. The room was clean and as described on the website. It was great to enjoy the quiet time by Kappa Bridge early morning before the other tourists arrived.
The dinner and breakfast were delicious and the service staff were very professional and friendly. The staff did their best to accommodate non-Japanese speakers and we felt welcomed the entire time there.
Highly recommended and I look forward to visit Kamikochi and stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family