All reviews hotel lobby matsumoto station shuttle alps sleeping onsen ryokan
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Because I went to summer vacation, the price was quite high.
The three families paid a high fee of more than $1,000 per night, so naturally, I visited with anticipation.
The room and the food were too bad and I was very disappointed.
I think it was not worth paying for the peak season.
they will not repeat their customers if they do not create a fan.
they should stop the fare setting that the tourist is disappointed.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank matu4
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights with breakfast and dinner included. The breakfast was delicious with both western and asian options. Dinner was fixed traditional Japanese and equally divine to the eye and taste. They were able to accommodate my daughter who is gluten free and prefers vegetarian. The onsen was fantastic. Outside the Lobby is a foot bath. They provide shuttles from Matsumoto station in the afternoons and mornings. They even dropped us off at Matsumoto castle.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Sageandsydney
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Although my senior parents loved it, I suffered. The thin Japanese-style mattress and small pillow were awful. I couldn't sleep and ended up with a stiff back and neck. Food was terrible!!! For ryokan fans it's probably an excellent hotel. Not for me...

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank YNMtoronto
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

We arrived to the hotel after a long drive, looking forward to have dinner at the hotel. The menu is fixed and included a wide variety of traditional food.
None of the dishes were fine, or even tasty. I prefer a more limited selection with a higher quality.
The hotel staff are kind and friendly, we spend an hour at the private outdoor onsen which was beautiful and rewarding.
The sleeping arrangement is traditional Japanese style, not really necessary...

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Sharon N
Reviewed 30 May 2016

This hotel is not in the center of town but there is a shuttle and its worth the time...no need to leave the hotel anyway. We were greeted by a full staff and check in was a breeze....even though little English is spoken. I think the clientele is mainly Japanese.

The room was Japanese style with mats and futons....very large by Japanese standards.

Fully stocked gift shop with anything you might need for eating or drinking as well.

We ate at the restaurant one night and the meal was good and service excellent...choice of low tables with mats or regular seating.

But the jewel was the onsen. Spacious, not crowded and with indoor and outdoor baths...I went several times during our short stay as did my son. We became onsen junkies by the time our trip was over !

Matsumoto itself is a clean, walkable town with plenty of small shops and restaurants to visit when you are arriving or departing and waiting for your train.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family