“Little gem!”

Ranked #85 of 136 things to do in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I loved the simplicity of this beautiful little 17th Century Chinese Merchant house. Worth a few minutes wandering round. Beautiful garden. You need a ticket to get in.

All reviews
"old house"
in 3 reviews
"chinese merchant"
"wontons"
"century"
"photos"

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

You can see the Chinese carving in the home and get a sense of scale for the home size. Our ticket taker was a family member. The photo on the right side is his great great grandfather. There are some tourist items for sale and he asked if we would buy, but he did not push us. There may be Chinese food snacks for sale in the back. We visited in the morning and they were not set up.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Interesting and definitely worth a look. From the outset the experience was let down due to an incredibly rude member of staff who, because I didn't hear what she said shouted at me "Do you even speak English?" It was directed at me, and it was shouted in a rude manor. English is my first language, I complained to the manager who then told me that I was lying and that none of the staff in question had any dealings with me. Otherwise the other staff were excellent.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

There is not much to see in this old house, so if you have to choose one Old House go to Tan Ky, is better conserved.

1  Thank Alvaro A