Review Highlights
Interesting that 6 generations have lived here.

I read in other reviews that they had a guide to take them through the house! I was greeted by an... read more

Reviewed 5 November 2018
forshara
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
Sparse

This is A single story house that has 2 entrances on different streets. There is not much to see... read more

Reviewed 15 September 2018

from US$54.00
from US$29.00
from US$26.00
More Info
All reviews chinese merchant wontons altar century photos
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

You can see the Chinese carving in the home and get a sense of scale for the home size. Our ticket taker was a family member. The photo on the right side is his great great grandfather. There are some tourist items for sale and he asked if we would buy, but he did not push us. There may be Chinese food snacks for sale in the back. We visited in the morning and they were not set up.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Interesting and definitely worth a look. From the outset the experience was let down due to an incredibly rude member of staff who, because I didn't hear what she said shouted at me "Do you even speak English?" It was directed at me, and it was shouted in a rude manor. English is my first language, I complained to the manager who then told me that I was lying and that none of the staff in question had any dealings with me. Otherwise the other staff were excellent.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 6 March 2017

There is not much to see in this old house, so if you have to choose one Old House go to Tan Ky, is better conserved.

1  Thank 141alvaroa
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

This is another traditional house in Hoi An which requires an entrance ticket or a fee to see inside. Fairly typical traditional house with mainly wooden interior. Quick visit is enough.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I had read a lot of the reviews (both in Tripadvisor and elsewhere) and was just going to skip them. I didn't like the idea of going into people's homes, residents who were probably so burned out on tourists that they could barely come up for air. But, we saw a bunch of Chinese tourists streaming into this house, and we decided to follow. It was beautiful, and at least at the moment we went, didn't require a ticket. Since it was an old Chinese residence, it was amusing (to me) to see the Han visitors getting way into the house. I enjoyed myself and was glad I came!