“Interesting attraction but RUDE staff”

Quan Thang Ancient House
Ranked #85 of 141 things to do in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Interesting and definitely worth a look. From the outset the experience was let down due to an incredibly rude member of staff who, because I didn't hear what she said shouted at me "Do you even speak English?" It was directed at me, and it was shouted in a rude manor. English is my first language, I complained to the manager who then told me that I was lying and that none of the staff in question had any dealings with me. Otherwise the other staff were excellent.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

There is not much to see in this old house, so if you have to choose one Old House go to Tan Ky, is better conserved.

1  Thank Alvaro A
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

This is another traditional house in Hoi An which requires an entrance ticket or a fee to see inside. Fairly typical traditional house with mainly wooden interior. Quick visit is enough.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I had read a lot of the reviews (both in Tripadvisor and elsewhere) and was just going to skip them. I didn't like the idea of going into people's homes, residents who were probably so burned out on tourists that they could barely come up for air. But, we saw a bunch of Chinese tourists streaming into this house, and we decided to follow. It was beautiful, and at least at the moment we went, didn't require a ticket. Since it was an old Chinese residence, it was amusing (to me) to see the Han visitors getting way into the house. I enjoyed myself and was glad I came!