1,232 results
All reviews m gallery beautiful hotel the river old town rooftop bar new wing star hotel ancient city breakfast buffet beautiful pool japanese bridge pool area is within easy walking distance our night stay would highly recommend this hotel welcome drink loved this hotel
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Let’s start with the good points.....

2 great pools
Breakfast buffet selection is good, but can be very busy
Good central location to ancient town, restaurants etc
The staff are very courteous and helpful

Bad points.....
We stayed in the newest wing “wakuku” with a room overlooking the river, it was a very noisy room, we heard the room next to us turning their lights on!
We were also opposite lift, but you can hear the rooms above you, next to you, the traffic, not relaxing.
They also tried to charge us 650000VND to get a transfer to da nang airport, keeping in mind that you can walk 10 metres out the door and get a taxi for 250000!!!!

As nice as this hotel is it left me with a sour taste in my mouth, when your spending the money that you do to stay here per night you expect certain amenities and not to feel like they’re ripping you off.

You can get a 3 star hotel that provides FREE airport transfer right next to an bang beach, just as nice, just as clean and a lot less expensive.
My advice..... do that, the home stays are really nice too except not many have aircon, if that doesn’t bother you though your onto a winner.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We stayed 7 days here late July and it was an amazing hotel .

From our transport from Danang with driver Bambo to our return with another driver (can't remember his name) feeling very safe with there professional driving and there local information was great.
The rooms were amazing ,clean ,balcony and fantastic views.
Thank you to Mr Ludovic and Mr Cedric -Food and Beverage managers with your amazing restaurant and wines.The restaurant is first class with an awesome menu.

Happy hour every afternoon at the Rooftop bar and the best sunset we have ever seen before is a must.
Mr Henry room manager and Rin always happy to help.

The Spa at the hotel is amazing with Thanh massage and Ly's facial and all reasonably priced.So professional and enjoyable.
A big thank you to Angela at the front desk ,with out her I would not have been able to organise the transport of my over shopping of beautiful lanterns in Hoi An.I would always ask for her if I need any information and help.
Thanks you Angela and Hotel Royal for an amazing stay.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kcarmody
Hotel Royal H, Guest Services Manager at Hotel Royal Hoi An, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear kcarmody,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review highlighting the service and quality of room you were allocated during your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to learn you had a lovely stay with us and our wonderful staff took such great care of you. I am so pleased you had a chance to sample our wonderful time with our team.

Once again thank you for your time and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Royal Hoi An in the future.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at the Royal Hotel in August. The location within walking distance of the old town is very good. The hotel is modern and upscale. Check in was friendly and quick. The room was spacious and comfortable. There is a bountiful breakfast buffet, but I would recommend having some scrambled eggs available in a chafing dish since there is usually a line to get eggs to order. After touring early in the day, we spent enjoyable afternoons relaxing around the pool. The poolside service could use some improvement. Also, don’t waste your money on the various cocktails; they are more like mocktails.

Dear bhdiamond2,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel Royal Hoi An, MGallery for your last stay in Central Vietnam.

It was a pleasure having you as our guests. We are delighted to know about your great experience with our friendly and helpful staff as well as with the excellent location of our Hotel.
Furthermore, the points which you mentioned, such as egg station and pool side service, we will share the inform with managers of related departments to improve.

Thank you very much for your great review and we very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Just stayed in this hotel..
Decorations so beautiful..
Staff so friendly...
Food great..
So Clean...
All folk care u instead of money..
Pools great..
In the heart of city..
And in the heart of us too..
Thank u so much..

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Hotel Royal H, Manager at Hotel Royal Hoi An, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear zafer Y,
Many thanks for choosing Hotel Royal Hoi An, MGallery by Sofitel! Having your stay comfortable and memorable is always our goal and we are glad to learn you had a good time with us!
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Royal Hoi An, MGallery by Sofitel soon to enjoy a truly memorable stay for all the right reasons.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I booked in here for a 3 night stay. Check in was smooth as we were arriving late around 10pm and we were allocated a room on a high floor.

After an hour I checked the confirmation which described the room with a balcony our room didn’t have a balcony so I called reception.

This is where the problem started. Firstly the staff didn’t believe me and asked me to come down to show them the confirmation. When I refused the duty manager came to the room where I showed him the confirmation.

This was totally unnecessary as all he needed to to was ask me to email it or indeed check Hotels.com directly where the room type I had booked was still showing with a balcony.

Either way it gave a terrible impression of how they mistreat their customers and he spoke over me and had no idea how to handle the situation. I had only called reception to ask if we could be moved the following morning.

He insisted that there’s nothing he could do for us the following morning so we had to move rooms at midnight instead. To a room with a balcony as described in the booking confirmation.

What was annoying is that he kept trying to say this is an upgraded room. It wasn’t, it was what we were expecting according to the balcony.

The room was lovely, the oriental inspired design is really pretty and it was a good size.

The next morning I spoke to the Front Office manager in disbelief that they left someone so inexperienced and unable to resolve things in charge of a 5 star hotel. She apologised and was really lovely.

To put things right we were welcomed in their brand new executive lounge where it was explained we could have afternoon tea from 2pm or evening drinks and canapés from 5pm.

We went their at 2pm to be told afternoon tea wasn’t possible before 3pm which was no good as we had a tour booked and needed to leave. The F&B manager was exceptional though and really pushed the staff to offer some level of service.

He recognised that this was meant to be an apology from an earlier hiccup and went above and beyond. I have a feeling that he will bring lots of positivity to the hotel as well as an amazing lounge experience.

We returned in the evening just in time to order some drinks and cocktails. Quite strangely we were given a bill to sign at the end. It seems that staff had no concept of what is an executive lounge but it is early days.

Everything else went smoothly we took breakfast in the restaurant which was lovely and a wide selection of items were available. The bill was accurate on check out and there were some lovely genuine staff members. Their English needs some work but I’m certain that this hotel will soon deserve its 5 star status.

Dear Paul W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hotel Royal Hoi An, MGallery by Sofitel, and taking the time to share your review with us.
It is truly disheartening to know that you were not fully satisfied with your recent stay.

We are really sorry that there were the experiences did not meet your expectations. Please allow us to express our sincerest apologies. Please be assured that is not typical for our Hotel's service standards. Your feedback has been shared with relevant Management teams for action and review.

We take your feedback and observations to heart, kindly rest assured this information is very useful to assist us to improve on our service and product. We have shared your observations with the appropriate managers within our hotel to review our current procedures. We will evaluate what changes can be made as well as taking your feedback as basis for retraining of our team.

Should you return to this area of Vietnam again, please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to personally make your reservation and restore your faith in our Hotel.