“Don't bother searching”

Ranked #154 of 1,067 Restaurants in Hoi An
Price range: US$1 - US$26
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opened from Jan 18th 2009, we were serving authentic Vietnamese foods with a large drink-menu of 78 wine names from 17 countries and 36 selected international cocktails. We also operate daily cooking course with capacity of under 8 participants per class. A venue of fine dining place, tranquil privacy in an atmosphere of greenery and live music performed by the best classic guitarist in town. For further information, please find us on internet. The access can be found easily in one of three alleys next to 69 Phan Chu Trinh.St, or 56 Le Loi.St, or 130 Tran Phu.St. Please donot mistake ours with the mimic restaurant nearby us, which was recently opened with very similar name. We are isolated Secret Garden in Hoi An, legally opened from 2009 hereby warming welcome you.
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

My husband and I eventually found this restaurant situated down a narrow passageway ( hence Secret Garden) . It's a very pretty place to eat but was spoilt by the delivery man on his scooter coming in and out right in the centre of the restaurant. The food was just ok, maybe we made the wrong choices. However we thought it wasn't worth the search to find the place.

Secret_Garden_Hoian, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear Mrs. and Mr. Davies,
So sorry for this belated response. I'm now being on my business trip in Saigon thus donot really get in touch with office work.
I'm Uy TRAN, the owner of the restaurant be your servant that lunch. Honestly, i was flabbergasted by receiving your review, especially with its harsh title.
Sincerely, i was shocked with your fierce words.
Hope you are able to still remember me, the one approached four of you, personally took care of your table. The second time i came before departing to Danang, i begged your feedback about your "Grilled beef with pineapple sauce". You told to my face: "It's was very nice". Frankly, at that moment, i was so happy without any doubt.
And now, you thrusted my back when i walked away.
Listen, Mrs.Davies. I'm so sorry anyway because you didnot like your steak as your words precisely reflected. The only thing i beg you is the reason why you have to pretend to like it in front of my face? People donot call it "politeness", we call it "a FALSE GLOSS".
About the trouble from the delivery man, this was very first time we involved in a problem like that. We actually have rear door for delivery. Having no idea why he drived his bike through the front door for delivering only one paper of VAT invoice that afternoon. Maybe he was drunk too soon that afternoon. I myself made a complaint to the Supplier. They commit it won't never happen again.
I donot look forward to seeing you again at my place but wish for four of you all the best.
All kind regards,
Uy TRAN, the owner and team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,820)

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Excellent Meal
Extremely friendly staff
Quick service.

Highly recommend to anyone travelling to Hoi An !!

1  Thank BigAl028

Dear our esteemed guest,
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy and indeed being motivated a lot by your support.
Our menu for 2019 is going to be released very soon. We do hope to have another chance of serving your next year.
Eager to please you for more.
All the best for you and your family.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This place has rave reviews from many. It is not easy to find and yes, it is a nice garden oasis in the middle of the Old Town.

The menu is extensive and the prices are reasonable for food and drink, but our food was disappointing, with an entree of mixed spring rolls being chewy and a bit bland. It was rated spicy, but was not spicy at all. The duck was cooked ok and was still juicy, but had little flavour as did the salad except for the mint ! The red tailed bass was also without excitement.

Service was good and friendly, but sadly the food was not so good. Maybe it was just a bad day.

1  Thank RealDogLover
Secret_Garden_Hoian, Manager at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Kindly to REAL DOG LOVER,

I'm Tom, your servant that night. Time flying as it happened twenty-one days ago, but i feel like it did last night. Honestly, i never forget two of you, the couple at the table A6 at the night of November 12th, 2018.

You started to complain from your very first bite of the Springrolls to the last one of the maincourse. I did feel very sorry for the sauce of the Springrolls which didnot reach your expected spiciness level, and then, i felt very sorry again for the Roasted duck which was not salty as you wished. Believe me. During eight years working in F&B industry, this was my first time i witnessed someone Western who had that consumption level of spices and salt.

You know, by Vietnamese cooking habit, we used to apply a lot of spices as well as salt (through "nước mắm"). But Secret Garden is the place where aims at the segment of Western customer, therefore, we mitigate our indigenous recipes into something more "easy-going". We make a twist in accordance with "world-wide" travellers.

Unfortunately, the "long-term" living in Vietnam might localize your taste. So sorry, we didnot know that.

I knew something would happen even i tried my best to apologize you. Nevertheless, i would feel bad if i didnot do anything for you. I invited you a dish of our Signature dessert in an attempt to make you feel better. Sadly, now i realize it was obviously not enough.

We know you LOVE your DOGs a lot. We crave for a chance of sharing that LOVE with your DOGs. We suppose that you must have been well educated for loving DOGs but missed the important lesson of loving people.

We donot look forward of seeing you again but we wish you, your wife and your DOGs all the best.

TOM, your servant that night, and team

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On every occasion that I visit Hoi An , I always venture to the Secret Garden, it never disappoints.
I have celebrated my birthday , and today was no exception to the quality of food , service and attention to detail.
A change of menu since my last visit here last year with friends , today's celebration for a dear friend celebrating a birthday , was made special by the attentive staff .
The cuisine offered is of a high quality , my sister melted over the size and tenderness of Pork Ribs with mixed peppers, birthday girl had the Pork Ribs with lemongrass , I went with a recommended dish of Peppered Calamari on a Paypaya salad , all dishes dissolved in our mouths . Accompanied with a serving of mixed fungi, and wilted bac choy ,,,, heaven .
Desert was Sweet Spring Rolls , Bannana, quark or sweet ricotta and chocolate,dusted with cinnamon and a serve of Vanilla ice cream ,,,
Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to a memorable evening in stunning surroundings,,,, friendly staff ,,, but let's keep it a Secret.

Secret_Garden_Hoian, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mr.SyeZ,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy to know you were pleased with your dinner at Secret Garden. We couldnot expect to have any other review from guest which's more generous than yours. You melted us entirely.
Our menu for 2019 is going to be released shortly. With the new version, we are very much looking forward to having another chance of serving you soon. Eager to please for more.
All the best for you and family.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went to The Secret Garden as a family on our last night together in Hoi An. Its hidden down an alley and you wouldn't know it was there unless you searched. The venue and food were lovely. There was guitarist playing away in the background. One of the staff entertained our 14 month old while we enjoyed our meal and after chatting to another of the waitstaff about how well he spoke english, he said he'd learned through signing and sang to us at the table. It was beautiful and the whole restuarant applauded. The food was delicious too.

2  Thank 676tlw

Dear our esteemed guests,
We are so happy to have your kind word. Thank you so much.
That was our pleasure to play with your beautiful baby. That's not a duty at all but indeed made us feel very excited as well.
We do hope to have another chance of giving you another song from our best vocal of the team.
All the best wishes for you, your baby and the whole family.
Kind regards,