“Secret Garden”

Secret Garden
Ranked #150 of 1,101 Restaurants in Hoi An
Price range: US$1 - US$26
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opened from Jan 18th 2009, we were serving authentic Vietnamese foods with a large drink-menu of 78 wine names from 17 countries and 36 selected international cocktails. We also operate daily cooking course with capacity of under 8 participants per class. A venue of fine dining place, tranquil privacy in an atmosphere of greenery and live music performed by the best classic guitarist in town. For further information, please find us on internet. The access can be found easily in one of three alleys next to 69 Phan Chu Trinh.St, or 56 Le Loi.St, or 130 Tran Phu.St. Please donot mistake ours with the mimic restaurant nearby us, which was recently opened with very similar name. We are isolated Secret Garden in Hoi An, legally opened from 2009 hereby warming welcome you.
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Fantastic secluded and sophisticated location away from the madding crowds...good food and friendly hosts

Date of visit: November 2018
Secret_Garden_Hoian, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Mr.Neil P,
We are so happy to know that you had the gratification of dinning at our place. Yes, we are so hidden (hence the name Secret Garden). It was the biggest drawback for us at the beginning but, on the other hand, someone likes it as a retreat from the bustle and hustle life out there.
Thank you so much for kind review. We do hope to have another chance of serving in a near future.
Uy TRAN, the owner, and team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,865)

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

The secret garden was recommended to us and was not a disappointment. It is a hidden gem down an alley way where you find an oasis of green and a quite tranquil place. We had a lunch & dinner and on both occasions the food was wonderful & awesome passionfruit mojito as well.

Tom recommended the fresh spring rolls,
calamari & the beef spare rib all of which were delicious.

On our return today we had mixed spring rolls & salads. All the dishes have loads of flavour & are very filling.

Tom & the staff are very friendly & helpful.

Thank you for wonderful experience when we are back we will visit again

1  Thank 98lyndallm

Dear Lyndall M,
We have just came back to works from our annual vacation, and your beautiful review was just like a wake-up call to re-start our engine. Thank you so much for your kind word. We all do hope to see you again soon.
Eager to please you for more.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Up a narrow alley, you reach an oasis of greenery, helpful service, fans, and great food. We went for lunch but hope to return for dinner. Homemade cool drinks, fresh rolls, Vietnamese salads were all great on a hot afternoon.

1  Thank SESNoVA
Secret_Garden_Hoian, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Sesnova,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We indeed count on the review to be popular as you might see we are so hidden. Really hope to have another chance of serving you.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I travel lots with work and never give 5 stars unless it's warranted. This place is amazing and they do the best Vietnamese food I've ever had. Again without sounding to big headed I'm well travelled but this restaurant is definitely in my top three throughout the world. I have just read the last 1 star feed back..... who goes to a fine dining restaurant in Vietnam and orders American steak and chicken wings then goes on to complain. Literally cried with laughter reading that review in conjunction with the managers comments. Myself and my wife had our favourite meal here and can't recommend it enough.

Date of visit: October 2018
Secret_Garden_Hoian, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear my esteemed guest,
I am Uy TRAN, the owner of Secret Garden in Hoi An. Now is almost midnight but i indeed cannot postpone my response to your review. Just simply cannot. Oh my God, how can i tell you how happy i was by reading your kind words. And i'm pretty sure that my all of thirty-two staffs, especially Ms.Vui, would be very happy too. I mean, on behalf of the whole team, i would like to thank you so much for your generous review for our place. We are very hidden thus counting on guest's word-of-mouth to survive. Honestly, you actually did a big favour for us.
I'm now struggling in finishing the last draft of our À-la-carte menu for 2019. If you have any chance to come back to Hoian next year, i myself and staffs sincerely beg you another chance of serving you. Eager to please you for more.
Can't wait for the day we see you again.
All the best wishes for you and your wife,
Uy TRAN - The owner of Secret Garden in Hoian, and team

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Ventured here with great expectation as all reviews online and personal had been great.... soooooo disappointing.
Minimum flavor on there most expensive dish, the US beef in coconut/spice.
Chicken wings were not flavoursome.
Don’t waste your money, go elsewhere for a good meal.

5  Thank niknak-pattywak
Secret_Garden_Hoian, Manager at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Niknak-pattywak,

Honestly, we could not understand what happended with you last night?

Do you remember? Firstly, you asked me to remove my RESERVED sign because you insisted on the table A6 even it literally was reserved by another guests. I thought i could manage the situation thus i agreed.

After about fifteen minutes scanning our menu, you and partner decided to order these two dishes without any drink. Then, on the half way through, you ordered one glass of Mojito for sharing.

I myself came to attend your table few times, suggested you to change the table as four kids next to you were too noisy. I begged your opinion about your dishes and both of you gave me the good feedback.

Unfortunately, i cannot attach in this response the screen shot which was taken from the CCTV of your table last night. It reflects a truth that you completely wiped up the dishes. The proof to say that's why i didnot have any doubt about your satisfaction.

Your bill last night was VND 513.000 (approx. USD 21,96) including TWO main courses of Beef Shank Stewed In Coconut Milk and Grilled Chicken Wings With Honey, and ONE drink of Passion Mojito for sharing. I'm leaving the fact here in order to beg a wise judgement of the community.

LISTEN, meanie! Even though you felt sooooooooo disappointing or whatever, WE DON'T CARE. Such kind of people like you does not deserve any concern of me as well as the community. Even those dishes didnot match your particular (or ridiculous) taste, only a meany person like you can be able to talk trash like that way.

Go away, meanie.