“Hard to find, but worth the effort!”
Review of Secret Garden

Secret Garden
Ranked #146 of 1,060 Restaurants in Hoi An
Price range: US$1 - US$26
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opened from Jan 18th 2009, we were serving authentic Vietnamese foods with a large drink-menu of 78 wine names from 17 countries and 36 selected international cocktails. We also operate daily cooking course with capacity of under 8 participants per class. A venue of fine dining place, tranquil privacy in an atmosphere of greenery and live music performed by the best classic guitarist in town. For further information, please find us on internet. The access can be found easily in one of three alleys next to 69 Phan Chu Trinh.St, or 56 Le Loi.St, or 130 Tran Phu.St. Please donot mistake ours with the mimic restaurant nearby us, which was recently opened with very similar name. We are isolated Secret Garden in Hoi An, legally opened from 2009 hereby warming welcome you.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Up a narrow alley, you reach an oasis of greenery, helpful service, fans, and great food. We went for lunch but hope to return for dinner. Homemade cool drinks, fresh rolls, Vietnamese salads were all great on a hot afternoon.

1  Thank SESNoVA
Secret_Garden_Hoian, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Sesnova,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We indeed count on the review to be popular as you might see we are so hidden. Really hope to have another chance of serving you.
All the best for you and family,
Uy TRAN, the owner, and team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,811)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I travel lots with work and never give 5 stars unless it's warranted. This place is amazing and they do the best Vietnamese food I've ever had. Again without sounding to big headed I'm well travelled but this restaurant is definitely in my top three throughout the world. I have just read the last 1 star feed back..... who goes to a fine dining restaurant in Vietnam and orders American steak and chicken wings then goes on to complain. Literally cried with laughter reading that review in conjunction with the managers comments. Myself and my wife had our favourite meal here and can't recommend it enough.

Secret_Garden_Hoian, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear my esteemed guest,
I am Uy TRAN, the owner of Secret Garden in Hoi An. Now is almost midnight but i indeed cannot postpone my response to your review. Just simply cannot. Oh my God, how can i tell you how happy i was by reading your kind words. And i'm pretty sure that my all of thirty-two staffs, especially Ms.Vui, would be very happy too. I mean, on behalf of the whole team, i would like to thank you so much for your generous review for our place. We are very hidden thus counting on guest's word-of-mouth to survive. Honestly, you actually did a big favour for us.
I'm now struggling in finishing the last draft of our À-la-carte menu for 2019. If you have any chance to come back to Hoian next year, i myself and staffs sincerely beg you another chance of serving you. Eager to please you for more.
Can't wait for the day we see you again.
All the best wishes for you and your wife,
Uy TRAN - The owner of Secret Garden in Hoian, and team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ventured here with great expectation as all reviews online and personal had been great.... soooooo disappointing.
Minimum flavor on there most expensive dish, the US beef in coconut/spice.
Chicken wings were not flavoursome.
Don’t waste your money, go elsewhere for a good meal.

3  Thank niknak-pattywak
Secret_Garden_Hoian, Manager at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Niknak-pattywak,

Seriously, do you have any problem with your mentality? Or you were born TO BE a mental patient, freak?

Do you remember? Firstly, you asked me to remove my RESERVED sign because you insisted on the table A6 even it literally was reserved by another guests. I thought i could manage the situation thus i agreed.

After about fifteen minutes scanning our menu, you and partner decided to order these two dishes without any drink. Then, on the half way through, you ordered one glass of Mojito for sharing.

I myself came to attend your table few times, suggested you to change the table as four kids next to you were too noisy. I begged your opinion about your dishes and both of you gave me the good feedback.

I wish the TripAdvisor admins will approve the screen shot which was taken from the CCTV of your table last night. It reflects a truth that you completely wiped up the dishes. The proof to say that's why i didnot have any doubt about your satisfaction.

Your bill last night was VND 513.000 (approx. USD 21,96) including TWO main courses of Beef Shank Stewed In Coconut Milk and Grilled Chicken Wings With Honey, and ONE drink of Passion Mojito for sharing. I'm leaving the fact here in order to beg a wise judgement of the community.

LISTEN, freak! Even though you felt sooooooooo disappointing or whatever, WE DON'T CARE. Such kind of people like you does not deserve any concern of me as well as the community. Even those dishes didnot match your particular (or ridiculous) taste, only a mental patient like you can be able to talk trash like that way.

Go away, meany freaks.

Vui LE _ The shift-leader be your servant last night

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a recent holiday to Hoi An and thought it was absolutely fantastic. Very relaxing atmosphere with very friendly and attentive staff. The food was faultless and extremely tasty. Great live guitar player playing softly in the background. Would highly recommend this restaurant

Dear our esteemed guests,
Thank you so much for your kind word. We are so happy to know that you were pleased with our foods and service. We do hope to have another chance of serving in a near future.
All the best for you and family,
Uy TRAN - The owner of Secret Garden in Hoian, and team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was delightful and beautifully presented. Manager Tom was extremely welcoming and also provided us with a song or two. Wine was reasonably priced and also had Australian varieties on their wine list. Would definitely return to Secret Garden.

Dear our esteemed guests,
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy to have your satisfaction. We are going to launch very soon the offer of Free-Flow wine coupon with very very affordable price. Of course, Australian wine will be listed.
Eager to please you for more.
All the best for you and family.
Uy TRAN - The owner of Secret Garden in Hoian and team