“Bad service and hair in food”
Review of Chau My restaurant

Chau My restaurant
Ranked #32 of 920 Restaurants in Hoi An
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is actually my second review of this restaurant because the first was a fake five star review that the waiter/owner forced me to write. He literally took my phone and rated this place 5 stars. It was really uncomfortable when there were several poor things to note about our meal.

1. Very long wait to order and receive our food.
2. When the finally food came, we found hair in it, which they did replace.
3. Upsold us. We asked for com ga (chicken), which the waiter said they didn’t have, but told us to order the rotisserie chicken which was triple the cost of the com ga. We realized it was dumb to think they didn’t have com ga if they had the rotisserie chicken.
4. We were sucked in by the sign for cheap beer, but they “ran out”. Likely just a sign to lure people in.
5. Food was just average.
6. Forced 5 star review.

1  Thank PAMELA W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We came here based on the Trip Advisor review and I have never had a more bland hot pot.
The service was sub par and the food was worse. We even had to ask just for vegetables with the hot pot.
It is that dull I’m not even finishing my meal I’m going a cross the river for a real hot pot!
For 300,000 vnd you would expect a lot better!!!!

1  Thank Steven B
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice and affordable food. I would definitely recommend the spring rolls. Good location and staff

Good food and Nice price
Calm place next to the lune performance center you can hear the local tribe musical from here

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Tucked away at the end of this popular island and easy to miss. But we popped in for some evening snacks and were glad we did. Really delicious and crispy Bahn Xeo. The proprietor was very friendly and made us very welcome. Price is very reasonable when compared to other restaurant in this location. We were served by all the generations of the family. Would highly recommend.