The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert
Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hilton
  • Pool
Hilton Al Hamra Beach & Golf Resort(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$81
Hilton
US$121
US$92
Doubletree
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Doubletree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$162
  • Breakfast included
US$134
  • Pool
Jannah Resort & Villas(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$87
US$741
Rixos Bab Al Bahr(Ras Al Khaimah)
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Garden Inn Ras Al Khaimah(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
All reviewsbanyan treemoon barrainforest experienceprivate poolfarmhouse restauranttented villasrainforest spaundergoing renovationsin villa dininghas recently changed handssmall deckbrisketthrough luxury escapesbicycles providedbird showarabian oryxsecluded resort
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I was not sure what I was going to expect after seeing all the different reviews, and to be honest I was a little worried however all my fears were put to rest by the time we checked in. The check in was efficient and no different to banyan Tree which we adored. We were taken to our upgraded villa as the smaller villas were being renovated. Our teenage girls were totally bowled over by the initial appearance. The villas were beautiful however are in need of some renovation which I think were due soon.
I have an intolerance to Chillies and when i mentioned this to the waiter, Vinayan he immediately got the chef to arrange a meal accordingly. Chef Prabel remembered this throughout our 8 day stay and prepared something different for breakfast every morning. What a surprise!! Thank you to chef prebal and waiter Vinayan for going the extra mile. Actually all the restaturant staff were exceptional, especially Mohammed (Morrocan Waiter) with his signature morrocan mint tea. As for the lovey waitress Daria, thank you for remembering my news paper every morning. Gabriel made the nature walk and archery for my girls really special. Again always smiling even when the sun was pelting down on him during the archery. Harish was amazing with the Yoga and always helpful with our rainforest requirements. Jeffrey was very helpful with organising taxis and always greeting us with a smile during the buggy service.
it was nice to see some of the old Banyan tree staff who made us feel very welcome. I am sure this place will be exceptional once all the upgrades are complete. Looking forward to coming back soon to experience the Ritzs Carlton way of hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Turath1
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Al Wadi was the perfect weekend get away for friends and family. The resort was previously managed by Banyan Tree and is now managed by Ritz Carlton. The resort is now operating under construction. There are piles of dust and debris around every corner. Facilities are not in operation. Air conditioner units are not working. The new staff has little knowledge of the property. The management really ought to have closed the resort during such an extensive renovation. The greatest disappointment was the food. The image attached shows two entrées. The upper two are from the current Oasis restaurant and the lower two are from the Thai restaurant Banyan Tree. After complaining to one of the staff members about the food, my friends and I were given a ten minute lecture. The staff member claimed that we didn't understand the vision of the new management. Their vision was to provide families with Arabic and international food and an Italian atmosphere(!) This is a vision for a 2-3 star family resort at best, not a 5 star desert retreat. I doubt Al Wadi will last more than a few months under the new management.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
6  Thank TheOnlyAli
AlWadiDesert, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear TheOnlyAli,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent experience with us.

I was very disappointed to read that we fell short of ensuring your complete satisfaction during your stay with us, especially with our food and beverages offerings. Although we are enhancing our facilities and creating new restaurants concepts to upgrade our guest experience, we strive to offer a variety of the finest cuisines at all times in the resort.

I personally shared your comments with my respective department leaders and addressed them with the utmost importance.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, feel free to share your contact details with me via email on amit.arora@ritzcarlton.com , or by calling +971 7206 777, and I will reach out to you personally at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,
Amit Arora

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I have been to this resort twice as Banyan Tree & ritz Carlton. I did enjoy both. I would come again if I happen to visit UAE.

Ensure you are getting the regular rate not the high seasons one as it tend to double!!

Nice, clean and luxurious resort to enjoy as an escape of the metropolitan city of Dubai.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abdulkarim A
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We booked a 3 night stay in a Al Sahari Villa. The booking and pre arrival formalities were great as we were celebrating our anniversary with a nice quite long weekend away from the hustle and bustle of the city.. On arrival the Team were ready with nice refreshing juice after a eventful drive from Dubai. With the road signed not visible due to it being destroyed in a road accident. We did however see the small sign which might have been placed there for this reason.
After check in we were taken to our villa on a short ride by buggy and was pleasantly surprised by an amazing pool with a somewhat boring view of a sand dune directly (about 10 meters) in front of the pool. But saying that, the same evening we had 5 visitors i.e.. Gazelle on this not so boring dune.

We cannot criticize anything about the villa, the F&B, the staff or the available activities, but would like to tell the Management if they really want to compete with other 5 star desert resort the UAE with a similar product then they need to step it up a notch. when guest specifically asks for a villa with no children as neighbors. Please try your best to make it work. As one of the three days was completely ruined by rampaging children playing in and around their pool 25 meters from us trying to read and just relax and surprisingly while walking the resort the next morning we saw several villas which were un occupied, which irritated me somewhat.

From a activities point of view, my wife really liked the bicycle rides and the visit to the stables.. and we obviously loved the wildlife. we knew the resort is being renovated but there were no noise or other distractions from this as I expected.

The only observations for improvements I can think of was to simplify the light switches in the villas as you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to switch some of the lights on or off. Additionally remove the stair leading from the pool deck to the dune area. Our privacy was interrupted by the same children mentioned above which walked past within feet from our pool to play on the dune. There should be no access to this area as there are many other places to go wonder about.

Room Tip: The further away from the main hotel building the less buggy traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank docqball
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

A beautiful setting in the middle of the desert where the only noise you hear comes from the birds.
From the moment you arrive the team awaits you with a friendly and warm welcome.
You are escorted to your own private pool villa with a buggy and then you just enjoy the calm and serenity of the venue.
The villa is huge, elegantly decorated, luminous and has a walk in closet.
The desert view from the pool is so relaxing...
The bathroom is also very spacious with big windows opening to a small garden
The resort has 2 restaurants so far, the rest should open in October. We chose to dine at the Arabic restaurant and really enjoy the food but you better have a large appetite as the portons are quite big.
Jeremy is for us the star of the resort, he's such a nice and engaging person, he easily goes above and beyond to make sure you are confortable and everything is to your liking. He nicely offered to take us around the premises on a full tour of the resort and we were lucky to see the oryxes, gazelles, check out the stables, sadly it was too hot to ride...
Overall a beautiful stay, an enchanted venue... I highly recommend and can't wait for the winter to go back and enjoy all the outdoors activities

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends