See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Positives: Stayed one night only for my birthday in the wood house double room, so could not comment about the main hotel building accommodation. Had a good night sleep, bed is quite comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. Bowling facilities are very nice, it was a highlight of the evening for me and my friends. Good dancing area, only pity it was not used a lot by visitors that evening. Professional and polite waiter in the restaurant.
Negatives: Firstly, there was hardly warm water in the shower, both in the evening and in the morning, despite long running to get it a bit more comfortable temperature - no chance! This applied to the sauna shower too. Shower cabin in the wood house room is ridiculously small, not comfortable even to move in it (and I am not large!) Swimming pool is very tiny with also freezing water. Sauna room was the only delight there. No steam room.
There was no atmosphere in the hotel that evening, maybe because that Saturday there was a family function in the restaurant - someone's birthday or wedding, and adults looked rather bored, although few kids were running around and having a good time. We ate rather late and upstairs. Waiter was very polite and professional, putting up well with my and my friends complaints about food served to us. It's not that it wasn't nice, it was freshly cooked and served well, but did not live up to our expectations after reading the menu and ordering. Duck with red cabbage strudel and cherries juice/gravy? :D There was no cabbage in it! After I asked the question, worried chef came to us and explained, that they run out of red cabbage....?? So, why not to be honest from the beginning and say so at the time of ordering? Disappointing! Though cherry strudel was nice, but would be better served itself as a pudding, and not with duck. Vine list looked ok on the menu, but again disappointing that we ordered bottle of Georgian, and they did not have it in stock. Fair play to the chef and waiter, to make up for the food they offered free rather nice pudding (ice cream and cheesecake) and coffees. Thank you. Sorry for our moaning and trouble.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I was booked in the hotel for a week, it was noisy, children from poland playing football near elevator.. I couldnt sleep. I simply called another hotel (uzhorod hotel), paid for the 2 nights and run away.
When I complained at the reception and told them I couldnt sleep from noise, they had no words.
Horrible experience,
I would understand some guest might be unsatisfied, but can you imagine someone running away and booking another hotel????

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Hotel was good, clean, but not very big room. The breakfast was not very good not a lot of choices not a lot of fruits what is strange because I was in summer on July. The hotel is not in city centre, but the taksi are very cheap.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2016

My husband and I booked a room at the newly-built woodhouse (ufinished at the time of our stay) warning the staff in advance that we would come with a four-month old child. They put us on the top (3rd floor) without an elevator, even though they probably knew that we would need to carry both the child and the stroller. After about 10 pm when other guests started coming back to their rooms, we started hearing everything that was happening in the adjacent rooms and the room below us: a guy watching his TV really loudly, children screaming below, and a couple having sex (they continued even after numerous complaints). To say that the walls were paper thin is to say nothing: it felt like everything was happening in our room. Thank God our child slept soundly, but my husband and I barely got any sleep. Finally I remembered about a pair of ear plugs, which I gave to my husband. I had to be listening to music on my phone to fall asleep.
The next morning we curtailed our stay and moved to another hotel in the city.
After a great scandal the manager decided to reimburse a part of our payment for the horrible night we spent there.
The breakfast that they served was preposterous: several slices of second-rate sausage and cheese and instant coffee. Ugh! For the rate that we were paying for our room, we really expected more.
So, in short, never-never-never again Praga in particular and woodhouses in general.

Room Tip: Don't book the woodhouse!
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Never ever stay here if you looking for quiet cozy hotel.
Horrible drunk wedding party was perfectly heard in any room, even at 5th floor. Stuff refused to take any actions to manage this. Just asked "what should I do?" There are a plenty of hotels around.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business