US$102
US$254
US$64
US$161
Aura Boutique Hotel(Side)(Great Value!)
US$55
galahotels.com
US$185
TripAdvisor
1,432 results
All reviewspool bara la carte restaurantsbonsai restaurantturkeymain restaurantsilent discosea viewlovely hotelmoscow state circusseparate toiletbeach bagbuffet restaurantanimation teamgala nightjunior suiteice creamhotel grounds
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

So I want to give an honest review, here goes:

Hotel:
This hotel is really beautiful. The location on the beach is fantastic - this was a five star and it was noticeably better in every way to a Thomson’s 4 star.
The room we had, 1428 had an incredible view (see picture) over the pool and down to the beach, it was kept immaculate by the army of housekeepers.
There was more than enough staff, they were professional and efficient and super helpful.
It felt very safe in the resort and on the beach, and there was always lots of staff around so as a single mum I never felt anxious about our safety.

Food:
The food was good. There was always a variety to choose from either in one of the restaurants or the buffet. The hotel probably caters more for the Scandinavian or German palette, but I have 2 very fussy children, and there was always something they liked.

Sun loungers:
This is my only bug bear, because the hotel is made up of probably 80% German, Scandinavian etc. They always went and put their towels down early for a whole family, so up to 6 or 7 towels, and then they disappeared for hours at a time through the day, so annoying!
I did move one towel from a large family’s ‘reserved’ sun loungers and the dad was not happy - too bad, and I also had a run in with s German family, again who had placed 4 towels down along with 2 parasols and then disappeared the whole day. When I asked if I could have one sun lounger and parasol the father again was extremely rude and said no, and basically told me to ‘get lost’...To be fair, I went and complained at reception and they appeared immediately with a lounger and a parasol for me. Surely hotels could work out some kind of system to avoid this issue every year.
So, for the usual sun lounger issue this hotel gets 4 stars.

Tips:
Take Euros, this seems much more accepted than Stirling.
It is ridiculously hot, even with factor 50 we all still burned, definitely recommend those UV tops (long sleeved if poss) and shorts as even wearing t shirts over swimsuits didn’t protect our skin.
Cash machine is out of the hotel around a 10 minute walk, and in the blazing heat it was a horrible walk, so take cash!
Channel 40 on the TV plays English kids movies pretty much all day if you want a break from the sun.
The entertainment was of a very high standard, I was impressed.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank Jo M
BarutHotels, Genel Müdür at Barut Arum, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Jo M,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your review.
We are pleased you and your family had a pleasant stay with us at Barut Arum.
However, we are sorry we missed meeting some of your expectations ( sun lounger ).
We will evaluate what we can do differently going forward and hope to welcome you back soon.

Namık Aydın

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful holiday here and can’t praise the staff highly enough as they were attentive and extremely helpful. I’m disabled and the waiters ensured that I had a place for my wheelchair at meal times. Everywhere was accessible except the Mimosa restaurant but this was overcome; the food was brought to our room and served on the balcony.

We didn’t visit the entertainment at the amphitheater but other guests told us they enjoyed it. We enjoyed the entertainment at the pool bar.

One of my favourite places was the ice cream parlour serving a variety of flavours all of which I sampled during my stay.

All of the public areas were spotlessly clean as was our room and the toiletries replaced every day. The adaptations to our room were suitable for me with a shower area with no step and grab rail for the toilet. The disabled toilets in the public areas were plenty big enough and easy to use, however, just one little niggle, there were no disabled toilets near the beach bar or the Turkish restaurant, they were all close to the main building.

The Barut Arum is in a really good location with a promenade along the seafront ideal for wheelchairs and pushchairs. It is also close to a variety of shops.

Overall, I had a wonderful holiday and will be returning next year. From my experience I highly recommend the Barut Arum.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sueking123

Dear Sueking123,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the excellent rating.
We are glad that you enjoyed all the facilities that we have to offer and that you found our services on top quality.
We appreciate the outstanding review and look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Stayed here for a week after booking last minute only a couple weeks before (got a great deal).

The hotel itself is lovely and can't really fault it, when we arrived at around 1am we were greeted and our bags taken to our room, and we had a quick greeting from reception to let us know about the basic things and get our cards and check in etc. Very fast check in and they had dinner for us available in the restaurant which was much appreciated after travelling.

The hotel grounds are very well kept, the place is very beautiful, the pools were nice, clean and big. Not the easiest to find bed around the pool as people do get up early but there are plenty of beds by the beach which was very nice. The beach is nice however a bit rocky in the sea just outside the hotel but much nicer if you go to the left outside other hotels. Sea was a bit choppy but nice and warm and there was a nice breeze making it nice and cool. There are plenty of water sports which you pay for, and lots of sun beds (free of course for the hotel guests). The hotel is very green with lots of trees, flowers and grass and you can't actually see the hotel from the beach as it is covered by trees.

The food is good, lots of choice however generally the same type of food on the normal international buffet nights, but they did have different nights like Turkish night which was really great, or Latin and Asian nights. I enjoyed the food and there was plenty of it, the waiters are good also always serving you drinks and wine. Didn't try the A La Carte restaurants as didn't feel the need to as the menu was not more appealing than the buffet. There are plenty of desserts too.

The room is nice, we got a family sized room (I think) with 4 single beds and 2 rooms with a sofa/lounge area and bathroom, although there was only 2 of us. Rooms very clean and nice. They provide all towels, beach towels, beach bag, safe, slippers. Only problem was opening the balcony door, but they did come up to help. Room also has good air con, TV with many channels in different languages, free minibar, fruit on arrival and tea/coffee facilities.

Most guests are German, Russian or Turkish and many staff did not speak much English but they tried, it did feel a bit strange and would have been nice if they could speak a bit of English as some didn't speak any at all, however staff were generally all friendly and helpful. Only had one guy down at the beach bar who was rude and shouted at me when I simply asked for a drink and he wanted to know if it was with or without alcohol and then accused me of not being able to understand my own native language.

This hotel is not lively or loud, it is great for families and couples and very relaxing. During the day you have some activities like yoga, volleyball, aqua cycling and there is a gym and spa. The entertainment team is very low key, barely saw or spoke to them but they did call out for activities if you did want to join, not pushy at all which was nice. Evening entertainment was good most nights, and they had live music at the pool bar after. You can walk into Side which is about 45 mins but unfortunately we were unable to do (reason in next paragraph).

The hotel and holiday was great, however definitely ruined as I hurt my foot and got an infection meaning I could not walk for most of it or go in the sun/water. I visited the doctor 3 times who I must admit was not very helpful, and did not speak great English. However the hotel made a nice gesture by leaving chocolates in my room with a note saying get well soon - a very sweet thing to do.

There are quite a few cats in the hotel which is not a problem they don't cause any harm, some guests especially Russians were violent towards them and I do feel the hotel should do more to ensure that the cats and other animals are looked after and protected. They should also neuter the cats so that they do not keep having kittens. They do have an environmental board however not sure how much they actually do compared to what they say.

Overall would recommend this hotel and probably return. Not many complaints at all and very nice relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room on floor 5 above the restaurant with a partial sea view
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

Dear Harez24,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your review.
We are pleased you had a pleasant stay with us. Thanks again for spending your holiday at Barut Arum and also for recommending us on tripadvisor.
However, we are sorry we missed meeting some of your expectations.

Namık Aydın

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Returned on 25th June after spending a week at the Barut Arum in Side Turkey.
Visited with my wife 2 grown up daughters and my 8 year old granddaughter. All of us loved it, the place it’s self is great , huge swimming pool, lovely spacious grounds fantastic facilities and wonderful staff. The food and service are excellent, the bars are great and the entertainment is worth seeing. It was a very enjoyable experience and we will definitely return

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
BarutHotels, Genel Müdür at Barut Arum, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Bladerunner2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the excellent rating.
We are glad that you enjoyed all facilities that we have to offer and that you found our services on top quality.
Thanks again for spending your holiday at Barut Arum.
We appreciate the outstanding review and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Last night of our 12 night family holiday. What can I say this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in,! That sounds rather over the top but I truly mean it! It's position next to the beach with private sun beds and a beautiful sea breeze is amazing! We sat on the grass most of the time next to the beach bar next to the beach as my daughter doesn't like sand much and this suited everyone,! Beautiful sea breeze when temps reached 41 we still sat under a tree and had a fabulous afternoon. The hotel is truly amazing! No stuffy rules and regulations however appearing to maintain an extremely high level of 5 stars! Clients let it down by being untidy and discourteous but the hotel simply cleans up in a very calm way without making a fuss! The hotel is spotlessly clean and I'm fussy and I cannot find one thing I could mention that was not wiped, clipped or tended to. As for the hotel staff! Well what to say from the management to the bar and restaurant staff to the housekeeping- totally and utterly awesome. I will always look for the Barut model as what a joy to stay in a facility like this! I have to just mention one young lad Eren from the bar who supplied all the World Cup football fans with drinks and nibbles the whole 12 days and beyond we were there, what an incredible member of staff and I would employ him tomorrow! Thank you Eren. Only one downfall someone please stop this silly sunbed towel problem! Thank you Barut Arum for a fantastic holiday.

Room Tip: Make sure sea view
Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank ktc6767
BarutHotels, Genel Müdür at Barut Arum, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Ktc6767,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to compliment our team.
We are delighted to know you received outstanding service from every Barut Arum team member especially from Eren.
We thank you for choosing Barut Arum, and we hope you will make us your home whenever you are in Side.

Best regards,