US$51
Free cancellation until 07/30
Book now, pay at stay
US$34
Get Guesthouse(Hat Yai)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 08/04
US$38
US$31
US$23
Agoda.com
Hat Yai Youth Hostel(Hat Yai)(Great Value!)
US$13
Wungnoy Hotel(Hat Yai)
US$32
US$31
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 13 December 2017

I had to give this hotel a "terrible" rating because lower is not available. Stayed with my family in a large family room with 2 queen size beds, a so-called living/kitchen area offering nothing more than 2 small bottles of water and cheap coffee. We stayed when Hat Yai had big rain and the room was leaking from the rotting ceiling in the bathroom and main bedroom area. The floor carpet was wet in 1 area of the room and the ceiling leak in the bathroom was dripping over the electric water heater. I had to put a plastic bag over the electric water heater (see photo) so to not get electrocuted. The breakfast included with the room is below any standards, in one word CHEAP. On checking out we were charged for a cheap broken drinking glass. Overall this was a short stay in a hell hole. Avoid at all cost, Hat Yai has many more better hotels than this cheap crappy place.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2015

The moments after checking in at the receptionist, the bell-guy had voluntarily assisted us in carrying our luggage to the room. Upon arriving at the room, that guy ask us to give him some tips. For Malaysian, tipping is not a culture though. He once again insisted on us to tip him which I eventually gave a 20Baht note. And he did take it on rude face.

The next morning, I want to have breakfast with my friend. To my surprise, the receptionist told us to get to another hotel ( Merlin Hotel ) some walking distance away as this hotel did not serve food. I was served ala-carte American breakfast at the Merlin Hotel and the food portion were small that I was still hungry then.

Inside the room, there were no kettle and we have to go down to the lobby to take the hot water.

For me, staying at this hotel was the worst experience I ever had and will not be on my list anymore if I ever to come again to Hatyai.

Room Tip: Not recommended to have any room here
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank matnoor78
Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

Everything about this place was awful. Very unfriendly staff (except one guy trying very hard), not particularly clean rooms, the worst pillows I have ever felt, and a bed as soft as ply wood. V-ocean is a 2 minute walk away, same price, and so much nicer.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

Our family knew that Labour day long weekend would be swarming with tourists so we decided to book and prepay our hotel rooms at Asia Grand Hotel online at agoda.com. 2 weeks in advance.

Imagine our rude shock when we were told that our rooms were not available, after going through a crawling traffic of 12 hour traffic from seremban and an intense 8 hour standstill traffic jam from Batu kayu hitam just to get across the Thailand border! We were exhausted, sun-beat, rain-drenched,and now potentially homeless even though prior arrangements had been made!!

Due to the massive crowds at immigration that caused a terrible delay, we only managed to arrive at the hotel for check in at 10.30pm. We were told that due to technical error, our rooms were booked on a wrong date. Which means that for our 2nd night we have a place there but not the first night. What nonsense is this?? We showed our printed online booking and had to harass the management several times before they agreed to find us a place to stay at some other hotel.

Most places were fully booked, so from a 700 baht room which we paid for, they downgraded us to a 400 baht room at the "love resort" (nudge nudge wink wink) in some secluded part of town, no hot water for shower, crawling with red ants, broken bathroom amenities, AND refusal of the concierge to supply us with toilet paper and water bottles!!!

Now we have to go and get our lodging for the 2nd night sorted, thus wasting our time sightseeing and causing us so much agony!

We checked the fine print and it said that our rooms were guaranteed, and if we had a no show then our rooms would be released, however it failed to include a cut off time. (Pic attached)

In the first place if the bookings had been made AND paid in full, the hotel should not have sold off our rooms just because we got there late, and then denied it by saying it was a technical error!! It has ruined our family trip very much. NEVER AGAIN ASIA GRAND HOTEL!!!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2015 via mobile

The hotel is rated as a 3-star hotel but for me, it considered a 2-star. Amenities is limited to towels & soap. No kettle provided and if you need a boil water, you need to take it yourself from the reception counter. The room have a split-type air-conditioners, LCD tv (with satellite channels) and a water heaters.

For breakfast or may be lunch/dinner, you will be directed to Merlin Grand Hotel since Asia Grand did not have any restaurant.

Stayed: February 2015, traveled with friends