“Great service, but they could improve their facilities. ”

Limestone Lake Rainforest Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Surat Thani
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We booked this tour through our hotel, Art’s Riverview Hotel. Generally, the experience was great. Our guide, Oam, was amazing and did a great job of keeping us informed of what was going on, despite his imperfect English skills. The tour program was amazing - we visited two caves, saw lots of
Animals and had lots of time for swimming and relaxing. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars is because of the state of the facilities. It looks like everything was new a few years ago, but hasn’t been properly maintained since. There were several places where the floating paths had holes and the bathrooms were in pretty bad shape. If they were to make a few small improvements, it would be 5 stars for sure!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"itinerary"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Such a rude woman who had zero time for travellers.

A young American lady was in front of me at the desk and wanted some advice on rooms to book etc.
The customer service assistant was so rude and was verbally aggressive towards the American lady- that bad I felt awkward being in the shop!
After that the American lady left empty handed and looking a bit sullen.
Then it was mine and my partners turn!
We were asking for a little information regarding the tour and we got nothing but smarmy comments and a rude tone from her. Of course this put myself and my partner off putting any money in her hand and instead went down the road and booked with another man who was helpful and informative!

Maybe look at teaching your employees basics manners to prevent countless travellers walking in and back out of your store.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

I booked a one-night discovery tour through Limestone Lake. I was staying in Phuket and had to travel to Khao Sok, which was a bit more complicated than expected. Heads up: you have to take a taxi or mini bus to the bus terminal in Phuket town, then take bus 465 to Surat Thani via Khao Lak. The bus will stop at Khao Sok, just make sure you let the driver know where you're going. Round trip, it cost 300 baht, I believe.

The package I booked included one night in the tree house, a 2 hour guided canoe trip, and a jungle trek for 5,500 baht, about $245 NZD ($170 USD). This included all the meals during the stay. The treehouse has a bed, desk and chair, fan, and bathroom with a shower. Most of the cabins sit right next to the lake and a few are set further back from the path.

Overall, this was a really wonderful experience. Getting into nature is always so reviving to me and I loved seeing the wildlife.

That being said, this is nearly a bare bones experience. The only thing that would make it more stripped is if you were in a tent in the forest. This is definitely not for everyone, but it's worth the time and money if you are interested in being close to nature. Everyone is very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the stay. Be careful about the timing of your trip as well, because rain can make this a bit difficult.

3  Thank brinktastic
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We did a 3 day tour, 1 night three house and 1 night floting house in a beautiful lake in Khao Sok.
The three house resort was cute but very very dirty room, under our bed we had garbage from years ago im sure, still not the tour company’s fault but they should check it out to give a better service to their clients, the floting house was good but not the best one of the place (i would expect to get the best for the price we paid for the tour), but fair to say, the place and surroundings were amazing and worth it to see :).
At the end of the tour we got charged 100 bath to take us to a station near by to be able to take a bus for our next destination, we have done a couple tours here and there and all of them includes picking up and dropping off, this one should have done that as it’s really expensive.
Instead we were just told there at the end of the tour at the entrance of the lake if we wanted a ride to the bus station would cost us 100 bath pp. I didn’t expect a ride to another town or anything, just a ride back to the nearest station (15 min away), would have been the same to take me back to my hotel if i was staying near there. It should be part of the package i think, anyways,
the experience was nice and the staff friendly. That was a plus :)

1  Thank Estefania D