“Would not recommend ”

Combat 360X Muay Thai and MMA
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Strength,conditioning,Muay Thai and MMA training camp/program as well as Martial Arts equipment, clothing, supplement supply and Protein Bar.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I booked a four week trip, and left after two weeks even though I wasn't given a refund. It didn't seem worth it to stay.

I googled 'Thailand weight loss retreat' and found this place. A more honest description would be simply 'Muay Thai camp'. The Muay Thai classes were perfectly fine- the Thai instructors are friendly enough, but there isn't much about this place that is dedicated to weight loss.

I was not happy about the lack of healthy food options (the menu onsite is oily and has literally no vegetables) and the fact that there are no weights. Aside from a few medicine balls and a rusty bench press station, you pretty much can't weight train for the entire time you're here. I love strength/weight training and think it's important, so I was quite disappointed about this.

I was hoping the 'cross training' classes would be like crossfit classes, but they're more like basic circuit classes with body weight exercises. I'm sorry to say, but I found the instructor (I won't say his name. Not Mike) to be very condescending and uninspiring. I love fitness, but these classes just weren't enjoyable for me.

Finally, it really is in an isolated location. If you love beaches, they're a few kilometres away and they are nice enough. The accomodation at Bai Bai house is lovely and good value for money. However, as I really wanted a fitness holiday I ended up moving to a busier location in Thailand for much better fitness training.

I'm sorry to leave such a negative review, and I'll say again that the accomodation is lovely and the Muay Thai training is fine. However, I thought it was important to leave an honest post because all I read were positive things about this place, and I was consequently quite surprised and disappointed when I arrived.

7  Thank Thisi A
Combat360x, Manager at Combat 360X Muay Thai and MMA, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for writing your review and my apologies that we did not meet your expectations. We have had a large number of people that have come to us for weight loss and been very successful whilst also having a good time. We are a small camp and that is how we describe ourselves everywhere, our main focus is to educate people about weight loss and strength gains as well as providing a good selection of both weight based and body weight training. I am deeply saddened to read your comments about the bench press etc.. as it was new at the end of December, unfortunately being located near the ocean and in a humid environment tends to cause corrosion quickly.

We are not a Crossfit gym although we do offer the closest thing to Crossfit in the Khao Lak area. Having trained and been qualified through Crossfit, TRX, NASM personal training, and the British Kettlebell federation, I have found that the the spectrum of crossfit is too narrow for the experience we wish to deliver and I prefer to put more focus on Iso-Lateral and multi directional movement as it is closer to mimicking the real functional movements in our day to day lives as well as fighting. We have used this system to train UFC veterans, K1 fighters, Muay Thai champions and a large array of people that have come to train for weight loss and improved health. Whilst I was not personally running the class whilst you were training with us our other instructors have degrees in exercise science and have many years of experience with running classes for us and other gyms around the world.

Our onsite Cafe / restaurant is a fairly new addition to the facility and we do not claim to be a health food restaurant. Our staff however are very happy to go off of the menu ( within reason ) to provide whatever food that you would like. I can also assure you that every meal I have eaten there has contained plenty of vegetables and most also come with fresh fruit. There is no requirement to eat with us onsite and the town does offer a wide array of different restaurants to suit all needs. We are also very happy to work with all of our guests to help create a diet plan that works with their metabolic rate to achieve their goals.

I am sorry that we were not able to help you on this occasion and like every training and fitness camp in Thailand we are unfortunately not able to make everyone happy. We are located in a quiet area and we keep our group classes intentionally small so that people can focus on their training and get plenty of time with our coaches and we aim to make everyone feel part of our family here.

Mike

in 15 reviews
"gears"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Can do nothing but recommend this place. Had mail conversation with Mike beforehand. He was really nice. At the time of booking I wanted to do some striking training but when I got there the schedule had changed. No problem: Mike comes in and gives me a private session, givingme plenty of tips and guidance.

Gve this place a try whether its MMA, mua thai, grappling or even just for general fitness.

Thanks Combat360X

2  Thank chrismar77
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

This was my first introduction to Thai martial art, as I landed in a completely unknown Territory. The one week training gave me enough insight into the basics of muay Thai and boxing. Above all the atmosphere and personal attention given to each individual by the trainees was something very encouraging. The stay was comfortable in the less crowded and serene location.

3  Thank AnTrix A
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Last year i visited the gym for a week. During that short period of time my physical fitness improved tremendously. Moreover, i pushed mental limits further than i ever did before. And so i decided to come for a whole month in 2017.
Besides the obvious high class Muay Thai training lead by former world class fighters, the gym has a special atmosphere and spirituality that can be felt immediately. The trainers take you as their family and a mental connection is build in the very first sessions. Anyone from beginners to advanced is highly welcomed.
In short, Combat 360x symbolizes the purest form of martial arts by offering the toughest training one can imagine as well as forming a mental and spiritual mindset to tackle any obstacle in life.

2  Thank Artus A