“Disappointing ”

Price range: US$3 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The oldest Italian restaurant and wood fired oven Pizzeria in Khao Lak. Imported ingredients from Italy to always have high quality and original Italian food.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We fancied a change from the mostly excellent Thai food and decided to try a pizza. Pinocchio looks clean and modern and the staff were efficient if not particularly friendly.

We ordered prawn cocktail which was generally very good - I did want The minestrone soup but they did not have any - strange for an Italian restaurant but probably meant the soup was from a packet.

We then ordered 2 pizzas which were okay but a bit tasteless so had to ask for some Parmesan to liven it up a bit.

When the bill arrived I noticed that there was a 10% service charge added automatically- I do not remember seeing that mentioned on the menu.

As we did not want to cause an argument we paid - it was a bit more than any tip we would have left but we then got disapproving looks that we actually wanted our change.

Much better food out there and would not go back! Left a bad taste in the mouth in more ways than one!!

1  Thank Stuart M

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff were far from friendly, wanted to take our food order about 30 seconds after handing us the menu's. We both had a pretty bog standard dish of pasta, absolutely nothing special and two very expensive glasses of wine. The bill was twice as much as we had been paying in all the other restaurants and also included a service charge (for a very poor service). Our worst decision of our two week holiday and we went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, what a poor decision that was. Avoid unless you like paying high prices for a fairly standard pasta, there are plenty of much better and cheaper places to eat. Avoid.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in Khao Lak for 2 weeks and ate in a different restaurant on the strip each night. We decided to make this restaurant a special visit on our last night due to it looking lovely from the outside and the prices being a little more in comparison to the others. WHAT A MISTAKE! It was the worst experience of our entire holiday. The service was awful. The restaurant was not full and instead of us being sat at a nice table we were placed right in between two coupes in the centre. We decided to let this go and order...Expect, what I wanted was no longer on the menu. So I was rushed to order something else with the waitress pushy for me to decide. My husband and I both ordered the lasagne for our main with it being an Italian. We left most of it because it was bland, lacking flavour. No check back was made and no comment was made when our plates were cleared with most of the food still left on it...
The worst part of the evening was the service. All the member of staff we encountered were short and had an attitude about them. A shock to what we experienced in other restaurants nearby who had been so welcoming and friendly. I don’t think we were given a smile once. The worst part was at the end when we were forced to pay. We were practically thrown the bill and the waitress stood over us silently waiting for us to put the cash in the wallet. If we had been in the restaurant for hours over the closing time I would be more forgiving of this. However, this was 20 minutes before the restaurant was due to close. We found that very intimidating and rude. A smile or a thank you would have been nice. As we left the restaurant we walked through all the members off staff who were all sat around on their phones. Not one looked up to say thank you or goodbye. We were made to feel an inconvenience for being there. Not what you expect when you spend four times what you spent everywhere else.

I have set up a trip-advisor account just to leave this review as we were that disappointed, I don’t want anyone else to make the same mistake we did. Looks can be deceiving. So true when it comes to this eatery. AVOID AVOID AVOID! Such a shame that our holiday ended on such a low.

1  Thank RFELI3
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant looks lovely from the outside, very large, great position on the corner of the strip but that is as good as it gets. My OH ordered lasagne and I ordered a spaghetti bolognese. My husband said that the lasagne lacked any flavour whatsoever and was the blandest dish he had ever tasted. My bolognese sauce was the same, very watery and lacking flavour and the spaghetti was very ‘claggy’. Service was definitely without a smile, no atmosphere in the restaurant and couldn’t wait to leave. The prices were much higher than other local restaurants serving similar and tastier dishes. Wouldn’t recommend, much nicer restaurants and cheaper

2  Thank kazzangnu
Reviewed March 15, 2018

We had pizza here one night but both our pizzas were very dry. Staff seemed keen to get home as they collected plates before we were both finished

1  Thank annwillson