“Exceptional ”
Review of Kili Dreamers

Kili Dreamers
Ranked #61 of 456 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalized Climbing & Safari. Climb Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru, go on the Safari adventure of a lifetime. Here to bring your Kili Dreams to life!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have tripped with Ely and the Kili Dreamers three times over the last ten years. I have done the Kilimanjaro climb (Machame route) as Manyara, Tarangire and Ngorongoro safaris. The team are exceptional, friendly and very helpful.

Honestly, I wouldn’t consider anyone else.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"kili"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed March 11, 2018

In short, there is not a better team on that mountain. Elly only employs the finest and I can say, without exaggeration, we would not have made it to the top without their knowledge and dedication. Our whole party summitted despite many challenges that prevented MANY climbers of other companies to turn back early, or never leave their tents. Details below...

WHY WE CHOSE KILI DREAMERS: I am a Peace Corps Volunteer serving in Tanzania, and at the time of the climb, I had been living in-country for over 1.5 years. Due to living here and the PC network, I am familiar with the experiences others have had with a myriad of companies, and all agree that a climb with Kili Dreamers cannot be beat. I was doing the climb with another PCV and my brother, visiting from USA. After much research, we decided to climb with Elly and Kili Dreamers, and I am thankful that we did. We did Lemosho in 7 days due to the high success rate positive recommendations from friends.

CAMP LIFE & FOOD: The first 5 days of the hike were incredible. Elly and Norbert (assistant guide) were friendly, patient, knowledgeable, and kind to us and especially my brother who was in an unfamiliar land with a language he didn't know. We played cards and shared many laughs during the climb and at camp. The porters and cooks were cheerful and the food was incredible - tasty and gave us the needed energy. However, it is easy to maintain a positive experience while the weather is nice, but on Day 5 the weather changed. It is a mountain with its own weather pattern and things can change quickly. And it was during this time of extreme weather that we say just how AMAZING Kili Dreamers was.

ALTITUDE & SAFETY: Every evening we had our oxygen levels taken as precaution to see how the altitude was affecting us and also were taking Diamox (altitude sickness medicine as a preventative) and again we were thankful for Elly's expertise in this department. We felt fresh the entire trip while others with different companies struggled up the mountain with no medicine or any idea how their bodies were handling the extreme elevation change. Our toes were a little tingly, but we had smiles on our faces.

EXPERTISE & DEDICATION: We had an unexpected storm and were rained on. HARD. Everything we owned was soaked. We just arrived to base camp, didn't know what to do, and thought it was impossible to summit that night. Elly came in and gave us a pep talk. With his expertise and guidance, we made a plan to dry everything out as much as possible. Some clothes were hung up in the tent (still storming outside) and others were warmed with body heat. But not just our body heat, the whole team helped out and there is the dedication. They could've let us do it alone which would've resulting in my brother throwing in the towel. But instead they put on our wet clothes in the same way we did and helped us get ready to make it to the top. And we did. ALL OF US. Many stayed in their tents that night. Many turned around half way up. But because of Elly and his incredible team, we accomplished our goal and we did it with a smile.

This is the most qualified team on the mountain and they put your safety and experience first. Incredible professionalism with a personal touch that will get you to the top and also give you an everlasting friendship. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Good luck with your climb!

Reviewed December 4, 2017

My husband and I did the Rongai route with Kilidreamers. We had an amazing trip. Elly - the owner and our gudie-- was extremely professional and nice. His main goal was to make sure we had a good time on the way to the summit and that we made it to the top and back down safely. He made sure we ate a lot of food (the food was amazing), drank lots lots of water. He also made sure that our pace would be tailored to me (since I'm a slower hiker than my husband). Aftwards we had a great time wth him at the safaris and when we climbed Oldonyo Lengai. There are a lot of groups / guides out there who can take you to the summit of Kilimanjaro. But if you go with Kilidreamers you will not be dissapointed!!!

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Two of us climbed, and successfully submitted Mt. Kilimanjaro with Elly and his team at KILI DREAMERS. We did the 7 day Lemosho route in late December 2016 (we reached the summit on Christmas Eve morning, which was pretty special). Our friends, who had previously climbed with Kili Dreamers, had recommended them and they did not disappoint! Elly was an excellent guide and leader. He was extremely responsive to all our questions before the hike (through email and even WhatsApp). He made us feel safe throughout the hike and entertained us with his fun stories. He knows a lot about the land and trees so, as nature lovers, it was great to learn about all this! The ‘Wagumu’ (Swahili for ‘strong men’) who carried our food and supplies for the trip were incredible - dedicated, kind and friendly. Elly puts safety first and made sure we were hiking at a reasonable pace, took daily readings of our blood oxygen levels, made sure we ate enough, and was attentive. He briefed us at the end of every hiking day about what we had planned for the next day, and also let us reflect on the day we just completed. This was a really enriching and beautiful trip. I am happy to have done it with Kili Dreamers. They were very affordable, kind, put safety first, and a lot of fun!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 20, 2017

I literally couldn't have wished for a better experience climbing Kilimanjaro... Our guide (and company owner) Elly was the best!!

When my adventure buddy's airline lost all her luggage on the way to Nairobi, she e-mailed Elly to figure out her options and he was incredibly helpful - when we arrived in Arusha to meet him, the next day, he had all the options for clothes and equipment she needed to hire (inc walking boots) ready to go and for her to try on!!

The team, although they struggled to communicate with us too easily in English, made us feel extremely welcome and like we were their "dada's" (sisters).

Elly's knowledge of the mountain and altitude etc was second to none - having been airlifted off Everest previously, when we trekked to base camp, due to altitude sickness - I was a little worried the same might happen on Kili, but with Elly guiding us on when to take our Diamox, and how much to take, we were fighting fit when we reached the top.

Many of the other groups didn't make it to Uhuru Peak the morning we went, as the weather was quite bad to continue going higher after sunrise... Elly paced us perfectly with the right amount of water stops to allow us to be one of the few that reached the top that morning - and what an incredible feeling it was!

On top of all this, our team of sherpas and cooks were fantastic... we were fed an overabundance of amazing food and looked after very well by our sherpas - our camps were set up each night by the time we reached them (luxury!!) and I genuinely couldn't have hoped for a better team to climb with.

Asanti sana KiliDreamers!!