A&B Resort Negombo(Negombo)(Great Value!)
US$15
US$38
US$38
Airport Inn(Negombo)
US$16
All reviewsboutique hotelsri lankasmall hotelpool areafree airport transfersalt water poollast nightcrab currysuite roomwelcome drinklovely poolstring hoppersnegombo beachfruit platterbreakfast was excellentonly stayed one nightthe main road
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Pledge 3 is a small off the beach hotel. Plus it is built in such a way that you cannot open your windows, have any view, or cross ventilation.

For those of you, like me, who hate living under AC .. thats a drag.

But, besides that.

I was pleasantly received at reception, offered a refreshing drink, and then shown to my room.

Room was adequate for a solo traveller as I, maybe a couple without too much baggage would feel ok.

The dining area and pool are very calming and relaxing. They have a 20 meter, ever so slight, salt water pool which I found fantastic. No nasty chlorine aroma after doing my laps.

The dining area was very nicely cared for by a gentleman named Mallika. Caring and cordial .. always with a smile.

And my room was cleaned by by young fellow named Lahiru who was also jolly and helpful in every respect.

They served a fixed meal for breakfast, no buffet. I had the continental with a good fruit plate, fresh papaya juice, king coconut juice, and Lavazza coffee.

A fine overnight stop just in the middle of the strip of hotels along Negombo beach and near all of the famous restaurants along the way.

Room Tip: Upper level ... but be mindful ... none have opening windows.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled solo
Pledge3, Manager at Pledge 3, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

Greetings from Pledge3

I always appreciate it when a guest takes the time to write a detailed review and let us know when there is room for improvement—as it seems there is!

Regarding the non-opening windows, I must confess that you are not the first to raise this issue, and our architect and board of directors are already looking at ways that this can be addressed.

We are looking forward to see you again for another memorable experience. May I kindly request you to contact me when planning your next visit to Pledge3
Thank you again for your comment and looking forward to see you again in near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

Location
This is not a beachfront property. Having said that, it's just 500m away from the beach on the land side which means you'll have to take a 5-10 min walk down the road to the beach (via Beach Road), which was totally fine by us!

Room
The room was gorgeous! I'm a huge fan of bold artwork and a modern feel, which is exactly what I got in this room. The room is equipped with a flatscreen TV, a mini bar, tea/coffee maker, 2 free bottles of water, a hair dryer and all hotel other amenities you'd need - including a pretty good shaving kit!

Pool
We used the pool at night because it was way too hot in the morning (us South Asians aren't the type to sunbathe). The pool has tiny LED lights that are lit up at night which looks like the reflection of the stars in the sky, which is excellent because when you look up that's what you'll see - a sky full of stars! :) The life guard was around the whole time, even if it was just my friend and I who were using the pool.

Food/Drink
The bar area next to the pool is a great place to relax. We tried out a few cocktails which were delicious! The waiter at the bar/restaurant was so attentive!

Our breakfast however wasn't out of this world. In fact the chicken curry I ordered was slightly under-cooked I felt. The food was quite tasty but they can definitely step it up in this department (or maybe it was just an off-day for them).

From check-in till we left the hotel, we were treated so well. Sometimes locals feel a bit ignored at fancy hotels, but not here! The staff was attentive and quick to respond. They corrected any mistake instantly when pointed out and were extremely polite. I'd give 5 stars for their service at Pledge 3.

Price
For 100$ for a double room, this place was a steal considering all the above :)

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends

Greetings from Pledge3

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write such a detailed review. I am of course delighted that so much pleased you, but very concerned that the breakfast was not up to scratch.

I have spoken to our chef, and made it crystal clear that every meal, especially breakfast, the first meal of the day, must receive all the care and attention that our guests deserve.

I look forward to seeing you again so we can compare notes!

Regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2015

My boyfriend and I visited the hotel a few weekends back, and were pleasantly surprised overall. From the impeccable service and delectable food to chic interior (Suite room especially) and interesting little trimmings around the hotel, Pledge3 was definitely the best pick in Negombo for an intimate getaway.

Definitely worth another visit!

Room Tip: Chic interior in the Suite Room
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeshiyaLK

Greetings from Pledge3

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Pledge3 for your recent stay.

It makes our day when a young couple find their karma with us! ‘Intimate getaway” describes the heart and soul of Pledge 3, and we happily look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

We are here for first 4 days of honeymoon. Perfect place to unwind- we were worried about rain & it hasn't rained yet! Lovely pool, really nice staff, excellent food.

The breakfast is like having 2 meals in one (4 courses!) which is good because the a la carte menu is quite expensive (including poolside beers).

We are in the suite and it is luxurious and perfect for honeymoon!

Other pros: chilled music, decent enough cocktails, smiling staff, quiet guests.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Pledge3

It was a privilege to help you celebrate your wedding, and we are really delighted that you chose to spend the first days of your honeymoon with us.

Please accept our sincerest best wishes for many happy years of marriage, and we very much hope to see you again.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Its was an unforgettable experience for the entire family... Ideally located in the center of beach stretch.. Staff,crevice, food and the location is far more than any-other places we been.. Fab 1 Fab ! Fab ! Pledge 3

Room Tip: Excellent for Business and Pleasure !!!
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family

Greetings from Pledge3

What a fab! fab! fab! review! What can I say, except that we are all delighted that you had an unforgettable good time with us.

I truly hope that the memory stays with you, and look forward to seeing you if you are ever this way again.

Best Regards,