“BEST RESTAURANT IN GALLE!! ”

Pilgrims Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 186 Restaurants in Galle
Description: Pilgrims restaurant is located in the heart of the Galle Fort, near the Fort Temple. Rice and curry is a specialty, alongside grilled fish, calamari, and prawns, catch of the day (subject to availability) and the latest addition, wood fired oven, authentic Italian pizza for those in need of a break from the local spicy food. Pilgrims serves fresh juices, cold beer, wine, a range of teas and cocktails throughout the day, from 8am to 10pm. Have a look at our menu (among our images) and should you have any inquiry, feel free to contact us.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing pizzas from their wood fired oven and a great selection of seafood which comes in fresh daily. It’s a great menu with something for everyone and all at really affordable prices. They even have chocolate pizza!

There’s great music, cool decor and even fairly lights which make the space feel really atmospheric. There’s also a great drinks menu with lots of cocktails to work through!

The staff here are awesome, really friendly and attentive and you instantly feel welcome and relaxed when you arrive.

We will be recommending this place to anyone we know planning a holiday to Sri Lanka!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly little place, great atmosphere. Proper wood fired Italian pizzas (try the pilgrim special!) good cold beer, selection of cocktails and wine and great sea food to go along with it. They also do decent hummus which is a massive rarity in this part of the world! I was here for st Patrick's night and the atmosphere was brilliant. Very different to anywhere else in the fort. Great restaurant

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Good, cheap western food. Nothing fancy, but the food was yummy and the service was very good and friendly.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I’ve never heard of Seer Fish, but I decided to give it a try at Pilgrims. It turned out to be a type of mackerel, and it was delicious - you can be sure of getting your Omega 3 so the french fries are allowed! I tried the special Arak Cocktail - a little light on the alcohol but pleasant enough.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch at this cute little restaurant down a quiet side street in Galle Fort. I had a delicious veggie curry and rice for lunch (the dhal was my favourite!!) and the pizzas looked so good I had to come back again the next day to try one. I'll tell you what, I was not disappointed! It turns out they have a proper wood fired clay brick oven and the whole pizza operation was set up by their Italian business partner! So good!

The restaurant has a really friendly atmosphere and the staff were very helpful with any questions I had about the area in and around Galle. The only thing that would make this place better would be adding a dhal pizza to the menu!! ;)