All reviews hyundai department store shuttle bus havana bar topaz restaurant location was perfect great hotel the hotel staff heavy industry ilsan beach hotel is located yard industries business facilities concierge basement shopping
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I visited Ulsan for business with Hyundai shipyard . The location was perfect to me .
Although it is almost next to the main entrance of the yard , you cannot easily realize that that you are so close to installations of heavy industry . Spacious rooms and bathrooms , equipped with descent quality . It is very good hotel , reasonable prices for what they offer with a very good restaurant for 5 stars breakfast and excellent cafe . The most important when everything is closed at 10.30 , the hotel has a bistro for eating and drinking till 11.00

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice , preferably upper floors
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2017

I was here for business, so wasn't paying so I guess my review doesn't have a cost relevance.
The room was very comfortable and well appointed for one guest.
The lighting in particular was very intuitive and impressive. I also enjoyed that the power outlets were international.
The highlight was definitely breakfast. There was an egg / omelet chef as well as a noodle chef. An excellent combination of eastern and western elements with plenty of options for the vegetarian and a couple for the vegan.
Would stay again

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Stayed here recently on a business trip. The hotel is very well appointed with all the amentities you'd expect from a "5 Star Hotel." I would not necessarily call it a 5 star hotel though, closer to good 4 star. The room was very clean and with nice linens. The bathroom had everything you could ask for during a business stay. The hotel also has a nice fitness center with pool and sauna downstairs. They also have a gift shop and a couple restaurants in the lobby but all are very pricey. The breakfast was included in my stay and was excellent.

If you have a handicap, be aware of the bathroom. The shower is in the tub which is quite high with granite outside. It is a big step up and gets slippery.

The location is decent with the Hyundai Department Store right across a nice park that is across the street. There aren't many other restaurants around though.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Having heard about Ulsan City, spending a night at this hotel was a jewel in the crown for me. I visited with my friend at the time when Cherry Blossoms were blooming. The park in front of the hotel had the cherries and the view overlooking the hotel was just aesthetic. Right adjacent the hotel is the Hyundai Department store to help you with shopping needs. I enjoyed varieties of sumptuous meals at the Topaz restaurant for the dinner buffet and breakfasts. The staff was helpful and friendly. The red velvet cake I got from 'The Shop' was so delicious. The rooms were clean, cozy and soothing for my weekend getaway. I couldn't have wished for more than that. The service quality won my admiration. It was indeed an enthralling experience for me and I strongly recommend this hotel for any traveler visiting Ulsan. Do not forget to take a tour of the nearby attractions like the Ilsan Beach and the Hyundai Heavy Industries yard.

Room Tip: I loved my Standard twin bed room with a view overlooking the Hyundai Ship industry yard.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Somehow this hotel decor reminded me of a cruise ship cabin. I don't mean that it was small, but very clean, tidy and purposeful design. Not an architectural masterpiece, but solidly built. Obviously a great location for business at the adjacent shipyard.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business