“Adventure park”
Review of Hill Crest

Hill Crest
Ranked #14 of 136 things to do in Daegu
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Herb Hillz known also as "Hill Crest" nice park, did the Zip line track. they have 2 levels Gorilla for kids and King kong for adults or over 17 years. It was amazing you have around 24 obstacles all hanging from trees including zip line require some fitness but really must do if you are in Daegu, in front of Daegu bus terminal take bus 413 and it takes around 45 min depending on the traffic and tell the driver "Hill Crest"

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"park"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 21 April 2017

After reading visit Korea and blogs, my friends and i decided to make our journey to Herb Hillz for their king kong course and other activities there.

Getting there by public transport is a pretty long journey and the stop could be easily missed as we had to walk a slope up to the entrance of herb hillz.

First impression of the place was pretty cool as the walkway in was well maintained.

Ticket reception staff is able to communicate with basic English, however we couldn't exactly understand her description of the cost for king kong course. Hence we decided to take a look inside the park before deciding on the king kong course.

The first stop we made in the park was a place known as "Zoo Zoo Land" which claims to be a mini zoo.
However, the place was so poorly maintained and the animals weren't well fed.
The cages was rusty and filthy. At the point of time, there isn't any staff around and if we wanted to feed the animals we will have to deposit 1000won in a box for a pathetic small cup of dried shredded carrot.
To make things worst, the animal well-being wasn't being taken care of.
The guinea pigs were found to be injured with open wounds and wounds that were dried up, which is an obvious sign that it was being taken care of.
As we made our round to feed the hungry animals, we found even more shocking stuff.
A bird was found dead as it was stuck between the enclosure glass and fence, if herb hill staff was present, such things would not had happened.

After visiting zoo zoo land, we visited the rest of the park that wasn't fantastic at all. As the entire place wasn't well kept. Even their traditional game exhibit has missing items.

Majority of the stores weren't open as well.

As mentioned by another fellow tripadvisor member on "wasted journey" is true that the park didnt had clear signage nor staff. And the place was in a mess.

As such, we hope that the well being of the animals could be improved even durin off-peak season. If not, its better off for them to be adopted by other farms.

2  Thank nnylla
Reviewed 1 April 2017

We did the King Kong course. It looks easy enough from the ground but it was soo much scarier than it seemed. My boyfriend completed it easily but I needed to be helped down halfway through. A very safe course though. Other than the Eco Adventure, it is a destination for small children. The pizza place was delicious!

A TripAdvisor Member
Chungcheongbuk-do, South Korea
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I came to this place on a solo trip to Daegu, having heard exciting things about its attractions. Travelling alone, I was looking for things to do in the city by myself, and after researching the area, settled on doing the King Kong zip line course.

I took a 45 minute bus out from the city centre, and having arrived at my destination, first realised something was up when the park's South Gate was closed. Working my way round the edge of the park, and up the steep hill to the entrance in a walk which could have otherwise been avoided, I was allowed to bypass the park's ticket office and walk straight in. I slowly made my way to the eco adventure section (taking some time itself due to poorly available signage), and after eventually locating the adventure course's office (only thanks to a passing mother of two), I was shocked to find that the entire course was closed.

What made it more suspicious was that the office itself was open, and anyone could have walked inside to get the gear required themselves, but it looked like nobody had even bothered to show up rather than locking up the doors and making closed signs visible. The only staff members in the park capable of giving help were those sat behind the open kiosks (1 in 10) and given that the adventure course is right at the top of the park, there was no one in sight to ask about the situation. I feel as if my entire trip here could have been avoided if only the park had not advertised themselves as being open year-round - after all, an open gate doesn't really count as an open park when there's nothing to do inside.

The park itself is beautiful, but unclear signage, unhelpful staff and poor management of the park during the off-peak season meant I left feeling like I'd have been better off swinging from the trees of my garden back home. Thank god I wasn't charged.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

This was our first visit and while it was an interesting place with seemingly much to do, many things were closed. We went on a cool, sunny winter day. We were hoping to snow sled but not only was the hill or snow machine being worked on while 200 people stood waiting, it was a very small little hill which didn't seem to be able accommodate as many visitors as they had. It would've been nice if there was a sign at the base of the mountain indicating the snow hill was out of order so we didn't climb all the way up just to see folks standing around. This place seems more suitable for a springtime visit so we will try again, in hopes that our first semi-disappointing visit was just a flook.