All reviews star hotel frequent traveler concierge desk duty free shopping very nice hotel business center breakfast buffet abalone porridge a great stay hot pot comfortable beds stayed nights rice shopping street airport azaleas winter
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I‘m a frequent Traveller and my feelings about that hotel are very mixed...First the rooms are nice / clean and comfortable. The rest of the hotel was also looking clean etc BUT: the staff was never helpful or friendly. The English skills are below basic. The worst thing is they charge you 20.000 KRW (20 US Dollars) per gym visit!!! This is ridiculous and I have never seen that before. Same at the pool 30.000KRW(30 USD) for a sunbed for two people and 3 hours.

Honestly I wouldn‘t recommend the hotel. It feels like a money making machine with very poor service.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
MAISONGLADJEJU, 제너럴 매니저 at Maison Glad Jeju, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Daniel N,

Thank you for choosing MAISON GLAD JEJU during your visist to Jeju and taking time to write this review.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

This hotel has likely seen better days. Checkin-out uneventfull. Useless concierge. Decent wifi. Staff would speak little english. Breakfast buffet was good, including both western and korean ithems.. A reasonable base while exploring Jeju.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear acukiert,

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Very nice hotel in the centre of Jeju-si. It has everything you could expect from this range of hotels. Service could probably be improved (especially cleaning staff), but overall, and although a bit pricy, this is a very good option on this side of the island.

Room Tip: rooms on the back of the hotel offer nice views over the swimming pools and gardens
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business

Dear sebsg,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Checked into this hotel last night. Check-in was simple and smooth. We got a premium double room, which was rather spacious to my surprise. Bedding and towels were quite rough like other reviews. I could see dust here and there

Be hold, worst part is yet to come. They charge you extra for the gym and for the sunbed!! I simply couldn’t believe what I heard from the staff. Why is info not on their website? And moreover, what kind of 5 stars hotel charges for their basic facilities?

4 more nights to go but I would’ve already switched to another hotel if I could. One could say it ruined my holiday.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank June0326

Dear June0326 ,

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

As a frequent traveler I’ve seen my fair share of hotels - but this leaves me with fairly mixed emotions.
Location is great for shopping and getting around, also very close to the airport without hearing the planes. Upon arrival the spacious lobby and open spaces feel like a 5 Star hotel - staff are attentive to their duties but not warm they do their task but they do it well even though spoken English is very limited - but I expect this - check in was prompt and help with luggage provided - but then came the rooms - we stayed on the 9th Floor and whilst initially I felt it’s either a newer hotel or recently renovated I started to see the poor maintenance and little upkeep. I’m surprised to find a 5 star hotel where you have to get into the bathtub to shower - I thought all those hotels had been renovated accordingly over the past 10 years but not here - fittings are worn and must still be original - linens are old and rough, towels like sandpaper - 3 nights and I couldn’t get a decent nights sleep because the bedding was rough and the temperature in the room couldn’t be adjusted no matter how much I tried to adjust it.
Slippers are cheap and I had to ask the front desk and room attendant for extra amenities and towels since we were 3 in each room, despite the reservation mentioning this and despite the email I sent a week before we arrived which went unanswered.
Staff are not permitted to provide any service to guests other than what has been trained to them in the “rules”. So I do feel sorry for those that smile, greet and try their best.
Management are responsible for the rest and it’s clear they don’t care - just happy to take money from Chinese guests who come for the Duty Free Shopping opposite the hotel - so I won’t be staying in this hotel again and I won’t be recommending it which is a shame for the staff who work there.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank ChinacolA
MAISONGLADJEJU, 제너럴 매니저 at Maison Glad Jeju, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Chinacol A,

Thank you for choosing MAISON GLAD JEJU during your visit to Jeju and taking time to write this review.

First of all we are sorry about your inconvenience.
actually our hotel have been renovated since 2016. However, if you feel that the room which you stay is so old and worn, we’re offering a sincere apology from our heart. We will accept your advice and improve the condition of our hotel accommodations with providing our hotel guest with a better service.

Thank you again for your inquiries.