“Yami to the tummy”

Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Caesarea
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is not our first (nor second) visit to Limani. The old city of Caesarea is one of my favorite places, so we visit here pretty often.
Our latest visit was during the Jewish Passover holiday, which means - tons of people all around!
We walked in and were seated to a table right in front of the water line. Amazing seating!
We ordered the cabbage and crispy calamari to start with and the hamburger and chicken souvlaki as main.
The oven baked cabbage was great. Poached to the point and baked with a tint of a smoked taste. The crispy calamari was REALLY crispy on the outside but VERY tasty from the inner part. Just as it should be cooked. LOVED it.
The hamburger looked a little small, and while asked for it to be well-done, it was a tiny bit TOO well done. Somewhat charred. The chicken souvlaki was tender and moist, again, cooked right to the point. The rice on the plate was very good, and seasoned great. The grilled peppers with the chicken gave that, too, a bit of a smoked taste, and I loved that, as well. The tzaziki was very dilly, which I loved. The tomato salad was seasoned the way I like, too...
I think I know why I keep returning to Limani...
All in all, this was a beautiful lunch, fairly priced and welled served.
Service is quiet and effective. They really DO care if you like the dishes or not and they will give you what sounded like an honest opinion on plates, if you ask them.
I will surly visit Limani again :)

Assaf Z, Owner at Limani Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thanks' for sharing and for the very detailed review. hope to see you soon.
Assaf

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I could go on for endless pages about ancient Ceasaria - no trip to Israel is worthwhile without visiting this fantastic, grand port, the biggest in its time, in the Middle-East, excavated to witness king Harrods pomposity and ostentatiousness.
Anyway, there are several restaurants on the premises. All with the finest view, rather expensive (because of the unique location). All are quite good.
A week ago we returned to Limani ("port" in Greek) with friends from abroad, after an interval of a couple of years.
The view, naturally, was great and so was the service -caring, accommodating and efficient. The food was very good - fresh fish and sea-food, nice vegetables, lovely desserts. The tourists were overjoyed...
Next month we have, again, visitors from the States-
We shall be back!

Assaf Z, Owner at Limani Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thanks' for sharing and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 4 March 2018

The location is great, which is why this location receives a lot of food traffic. Sadly, this is also the reason the restaurant does not need to work too hard on the quality of their food. The one highlight was the ceviche was very good, and had an imaginative twist with strips of green apple mixed apple. All other dishes we had were below average compared with other local Israeli restaurants. If you are already at Caesarea port and every other restaurant has long waits, then it is ok, but I would not make this restaurant a destination.

Assaf Z, Owner at Limani Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

I have to admit that this review really made me angry! Not because it is a bad one, unfortunately it's happen once in awhile, but because of the decisively of the writer about the amount of effort we invest in a restaurant. I bet he or she no nothing about the restaurant industry especially what an effort in to run one! This is olso way I'm not going to relate the rest of what is written there.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

visited with friends. Enjoyed fantastic view on the harbor, bottle of white house wine and seafood linguine. Everything was just perfect!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We managed to catch the sunset, enjoyed the beautiful view and the tasty food, all the dishes we've ordered were delicious, especially the sea food.
The staff was friendly and efficient,highly recommended!