“Delicious delicious delicious ”
Review of Warung Cobain

Warung Cobain
Ranked #45 of 399 Restaurants in Batam
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Came after reading many good reviews about this restaurant. Indeed portion size is small so you can order many types to try.

Dined at the outlet at Mega mall. There were two of us, we ordered sambal Kang Kong, excellent!! Fried toufu, very soft inside, tasty. It's came in two small pieces. A fish, it was deep fried and with some local Chili and black sauce, nice but meat was somewhat tough. Also, fried chicken, its nice, but also very tough because it's fried for a Long time. I think this is the local style of cooking, they tend to fry the fish and meat till it's all dry and tough. The seasoning or sauce they put on top is always very nice.

We had a coffee with milk, they do not filter the coffee, so you need to wait for the ground coffee to settle to the bottom. The ice tea is pretty sweet, so let the ice melt to dilute it. I like the tea, this type of tea leaves are available in sgp during 1980s, you can't get this type of tea in sgp now.

Overall. I would return and definitely eat the sambal Kang kong. Will try other dishes too.

Price wise, we spend around sgd 10, pretty good considering we ordered many dishes.

1  Thank catang221
There are newer reviews for Warung Cobain

Reviewed February 14, 2017

The food here are tasty and the ambience is also very good. The food portion is also just nice for me. I will always visit this place when I do my monthly trips to Batam.

1  Thank SurianiTalib
Reviewed January 17, 2017

Foods we ordered was Indonesian Traditional Food. The taste was good, delicious and tasty! I love the level of spiciness!
Except... they forgot one of the meal we ordered..but we quickly cancel it later. It's okay, because the food was good!

1  Thank Rj Nurul H
Reviewed January 17, 2017

Very good selection of local dishes at very reasonable prices. Vegetables kangkong cooked well and can be done without chilli if you desire. Fried chicken and Fried fish dishes are very tasty. Some dishes are by weight, indicated in menu as "per ons" (per ounce) Avocado juice and Ginger tea are must tries. Ask for a non smoking area if you want. For 3 dishes and 2 drinks for a couple, expect to pay about IDR 120k.

1  Thank Bryn17
Reviewed January 8, 2017

Cheap and good eats! Fried fish was fresh and crispy. Kangkong was not over cooked. Avocado drink tasted great too, not overly sweet. Our family enjoyed the food so much that we had dinner there on 2 nights! Well done, Chef!

1  Thank JoAnn K