“I was here to celebrate new-year eve”
Review of De Patros

De Patros
Ranked #29 of 401 Restaurants in Batam
Cuisines: Fusion
Reviewed February 28, 2017

I was looking the place to celebrate new-year’s eve and had been asking many people in the area from morning. My choice was ended in this café because it is located the farthest point of the Harbor Bay. There of us (me, my wife and my son) were walking from our nearby hotel at 9PM only to find that the seat were nearly full; in fact we were the last group to be able to join the celebration in this café, lucky us! We were sitting outside enjoying our drinks and Reggae music and song as their theme that night, waiting the new-year’s count down.

It cost us IDR100K for the ticket each person, and the drinks price was more expensive that night. But we were there go have fun and for the new-year’s count down. Few minutes before new year, we got free three plastic trumpet and fire crackers. After passing the ticking second of the January 1st, the played a non-stop fire works for 15 minutes with several types and colors. We stayed there until 1 AM and I guess, it was very worth it.

I never been to this café except this time, so I can not say anything about the food, or their service and activities on reguler nights.

There are newer reviews for De Patros

Reviewed January 28, 2017

I've been to various restaurants and food courts in Batam, but this place is one of the best. Located in secured area, where you can find lots of other bars and restaurants, disco-club, hotels, shopping mall, etc.
Pretty extensive menu with prices (not often you can find that), variety of draft beer and spirits. Dishes are more orientated for europian people and other tourists, so, the meal will be served with vegetables. Seafood is really tasty.
This place is very popular among locals and Singaporeans (ferry terminal is near by), but what i liked most is the Live band, playing there every evening. Singing Indonesian and world hit, really nice!

Reviewed November 19, 2016

Had business lunch with two friends. Wasn't busy for lunch. The food was very nice and they put us in air conditioned side room. It was no rush and fuss time!

Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

Went to the one in Harbour bay on a Saturday, crowd starts to pick up after 2130 hr. Live band playing was a little boring but they strongly accept requests of songs, just tell the waiters/waitresses there. Food & drink was exceptional but not the cheapest around. On the safe side, we ordered fish & chip and fried calamari, it didn't take long and both food were okay. We were sitting insecurely as we spotted few cockroaches lingering under our table. Some things just cannot be helped.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

De Patros has two locations, one at Harbour Bay, and one at the Dermaga complex in Sukajadi. Both serve so-called Fresh Beer which is made at a microbrewery in Batam seems it is named Tom's beer. There is an ongoing 2 for 1 discount. The beer is good taste & quality, and costs less than approx 2 USD per glass (with the 2 for 1). The beer looks to be the biggest De Patros draw and likely income too.

Food at either location is basically okay, some dishes a bit better than others. Often seems, as with many to most cafes, they lost or gained a cook and food quality changes to either better or not better.

The Harbour Bay location is at seaside and can often get a bit loud from the band and customers. The Sukajadi location is typically less noise, mainly because less people go there. In fact if they did not serve the Tom's beer they just might not get enough business to stay open. I prefer the Sukajadi location and there is a small group of steady customers that hope we give them enough income to not close down.

There are not that many good cafes in Batam. So, De Patros is one of the few better places to kick back, relax, and have a beer x 2 or more. Try the food but do be aware that sometimes can be either quite okay or quite not okay. Note as well not many places in Batam have good steaks or even burgers. Get a local dish and typically it will be better. Hope that helps !!