“Good, Clean Hotel -Worth Going!”
Review of Grands I Hotel

Grands I Hotel
Ranked #10 of 101 Hotels in Batam
Reviewed October 19, 2017

The room is sizable, clean & everything is working well. It is very convenient to the Nagoya Shopping Mall and it is accessible through the back door of the hotel. The breakfast in the hotel was good with great varieties each day. The hotel is very comfortable!

Room Tip: We had friends staying on different levels & none had any problems. No problems when rooms are c...
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Book via agoda advance booking and got a good deal for superior room. Hotel recently renovated and in good condition

Comfortable stay with wifi good. breakfast is limited choice with more to asian food.

Walking distance 10 mins to nogoya hill shopping mall. Nice place to stay

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed the service and the hotel staff is very helpful and friendly. They allow early check-in ( 11am batam time) and late check out( 1pm batam time) and the spa is super and I readly enjoy there the location is very near to Nagoya shopping

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Yvonne L
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I fall in love with I HOTEL ever since 2014. Great range of buffet and good service love the clean room, quite and relax. Just walking distance to Nagoya Mall.

Recently for honeymoon trip around Batam , I Hotel were one of the stop.

Unfortunately it wasn't like it used to be. During this stayed, the service is not really up to standard anymore. The front staff is not that welcoming, he seem busy and wanted to clear out check in as soon as possible and this honeymoon stayed, no surprised/gift received from the hotel management. just like other hotel, out of small gesture. we even requested a quite level but unfortunately the level we were, was full and it was so much commotion with group travels. (weekdays)

Really hope they could improve more on their customer service and customer needs, still give a 4/5 star rating as i know i will be back to I Hotel as i have good memories there too.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

One of the more pricey hotels in Batam. The best part of the hotel is it's location. It is just within 5 mins stroll to the Nagoya Mall via a connecting back alley. Everything about the hotel is quite classy and commensurate with the pricing. The room was modern and clean.

The drawback of this hotel is that it is so popular that it is likely to be at full occupancy (or at a point that the hotel couldn't cope). I do have reservation on returning given the below:

1)On arrival way past check in time, the service person told us our room is not yet ready and told us to take a seat at the lobby. We sat there waiting while we saw at least 3 couples who came after us got their rooms and checked right in. I was wondering why. After 15 mins, my guy checked with the staff again and was told that the room assigned to us is not yet cleaned and they only have connecting rooms left. (Now, I could not accept the fact that the room is not yet cleaned when we in fact arrived after check in time.)My guy walked back to check with me if I'm fine with getting the connecting room type which I don't see why not, and why she didn't offer that option in the first place. But on returning to the counter, the officer said she will now give us a non-connecting room instead, except not the one originally assigned to us... (???). The communication is not optimal and we didn't bother to ask any further questions.

2)I'm a bath tub person and love a good soak. While using the bath tub, I waited a long time for the bath tub to be filled. I realised the drain hole seems to be draining water quickly even though the stopper is on. I bathed in a half filled bathtub somehow and sort of caught a cold. Weird.

3)The aircon was either too warm or too cold in the middle of the night while adjusting a one degree difference. Again. Weird. I started sneezing through the night, perhaps due to the cold bath. My guy didn't sleep well too. It seemed that both of us woke up every one to two hours.

4)The breakfast area was super crowded. Most of the food trays were almost empty at 9ish am. They do refill the trays though. Just that you have to keep checking back. The food was okay.

Don't get me wrong, I think overall the hotel is good and it is located at a superd location. But behaps since it is priced higher than its competition located nearby, I might have expected more. I would definitely check out more of the surrounding hotels since I visit Batam at least once a year.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple