“Wonderful hotel with great staff”
Review of Grands I Hotel

Grands I Hotel
Ranked #10 of 101 Hotels in Batam
Reviewed June 23, 2017

This is a very nice hotel, located next to the Mall where a short walk takes you to the main shopping centre.
The rooms are very large and with a good sized bed, only one comments, no iron and board in the room, which is a pain but other than that really nice stay, will visit again.

Room Tip: This will depend of the type of room selected, I had one overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business

Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic durian pengat dessert served at cafe buffet. Walking distance to Nagoya Mall. Good solid king sized bed with fluffy pillows. Couple movie channels on TV. Complementary canned drinks *2 + kit Kat bar + potato chips snacks in fridge + bottled water *3 in room.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2017

Grand I Hotel is probably the best hotel in Batam right now. There is a certain grandeur about the place which I have yet to experience in other hotels. The rooms are spacious and have a luxurious feel to them. They are also pretty generous with pillows, which is always a pleasant surprise. Bottled mineral drinks and other amenities such as tea, coffee and toiletries are replaced daily for guests without fail too.

Their staffs are also some of the best hotel staffs I've encountered, really friendly and helpful. And they were pretty observant of guests' needs because this is the first hotel which gave me interconnecting rooms after I've indicated under 'special requests' in my booking.

However there are some negative points that I hope could be improved on in the future. Breakfast standards (taste and varieties) seem to have dropped. I have stayed here a few times back when it was just known as I Hotel, so I know how it used to be. It may not be a big issue to some people but one would expect after renovations and a name change to Grand I Hotel, service standards should at least remain as good as it was the last time.

Also now with Nagoya Hill Hotel literally just 5 minutes away from Nagoya Mall, the distance you have to walk from Grand I Hotel just seem too far away. Especially when you have elderly people with you (in my case my mum) walking under the hot sun or in heavy rain. Safety is also an issue when you have to walk back to the hotel at night. There are times when the security guard is not around and you have to be extra careful walking along the dimly lit and deserted path.

Having said all that though, I still feel no other hotels can match Grand I Hotel's standards so if you're looking for a home away from home, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road may be noisier than rooms facing the empty field, but it is less creepier...
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2017

We booked Superior room and it was perfect. The rooms are spacious and there were even free complimentary minibar for us. Nagoya Hill shopping Mall is easily accessible via the backdoor entrance.

The breakfast has a good selection of food and the Hi-Tea buffet was really a bargain.
Very impressed with this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

In with 14 people, and with 9 rooms we rent 2 nights here. Enjoyable experience, the room itself is luxurious, and the single bed is custom made very comfy. The toilet is great with bathup. Overall

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business