See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 17 December 2016

This hotel was booked for me by the Seminar organizer. I stayed over night as we had a Seminar at IPB Campus that start early. The room was basic with shower and flat screen TV. The lighting was not sufficient and the breakfast was very simple with limited choice.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

This is the nearest hotel from IPB Dramaga. Overall good. It has swimming pool and two meeting rooms. I stayed at 2nd floor, in twin bed room. First impression the hotel is good, but it wasn't. There is a cockroarch and many ants in the room, the air conditioner was error and the water heater sometimes not working. The room is not clean and the room services never clean up everyday, they just give us daily snacks every 3 p.m. (the mineral water not refilled and room still dirty)

Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

Booked a standard room at the price of 24.24 USD.

First thing when we step into the room, we realised that the room has a damp and funny smell. Next, we immediately noticed that it is not clean, with stains everywhere (walls, tiles, pillow case, bedsheets, towels, etc). There were also some cobb web, dust and a bit of hair stuck hanging on the wall... The bathroom floor was moldy, sticky and slippery. The bed was noticeably old, as it sunken in when we sat on it.
We had to line the pillows with our t-shirts in order to feel comfortable sleeping on it.

The air conditioner and tv was working fine, but the hot water heater in the bathroom was not.

We left early in the morning without even trying the pool and our breakfast.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2014 via mobile

Duta Berlian Hotel is in fact the nearest hotel to Bogor Agricultural University but let me re-phrase that IT'S THE ONLY Hotel.

And yes as the only hotel in the region to visit the University not much you can expect beside just to good resting in this place.

If you have some urgent visit to the university then I wish you a good luck trying to avoid all the traffics if you choose a better hotel on the Bogor City.

But I also wish you to bare your stay in this hotel as it's only minutes away from the university. As you are correctly guessing, Bogor Agricultural University is the main attraction in here.

Please avoid the graduation date which will be held twice a year where the hotel will be fully booked out.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sa_winata
Reviewed 28 September 2014

The Duta Berlian is a hotel which is someway out of Bogor, infact we had to take two of the akota small Blue, and sometimes Green Buses that travel around Bogor in place of Taxis

The Hotel must have been built in stages because some of the areas are in need of some renovation and yet others seem new. Its apparent use is one of large groups, however they seemed to be keen to have me join them for two nights !

I gave them the details from Agoda, and they booked me in, took the money that Agoda had priced for the night and this included breakfast in the morning for the two of us. $ 28.50 Aud.
or 282,000 Rupiah. I think apart from the Pool which is available, the rest of the hotel does not in my view come up to standard that you could / would want to pay more than $ 30.00 for .

The Buffet breakfast was good, and they change the menu each day, This was included in our price of $ 28.50, or 285,000.

I have posted some photos so you will get an idea of the place, the staff speak little English and as usual we have eaten outside of the hotel and found some dining delights !

I had forgotten that in Indonesia, they still allow smoking in Hotel rooms and also restaurants, something which is forbidden in Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines. Therefore after being shown the first room, i asked for a non Smoking room. It was better, but the bed lamps were gone, The Bathroom was still unfinished with the Tiling and they had forgotten to put the towels on the bed.

Apart from that the general services of the hotel are fine . However that night there was a noise problem, and there was some initial inertia in getting the problem acknowledged the next day. Initially they promised me a room change to a superior room, but we got offered the same room again.

Finally we were give a room on the other side of the hotel, away from the noise of the traffic in the hotel grounds, but we subject to the main road noise instead ! They just need to plant some trees and this will muffle the sound of the traffic.... Simple Ideas, why can they not think of this ?

Try some of the local eateries, however avoid the ones that do not show their prices, as we have found that we got slightly bitten as far as the prices were concerned. The second evening we went to Cafe Mak Umo, its a great place, simple food, but great music as the jam sessions seem to start about 8.00 p.m. and go on til late.... I recomend this to you.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room if you want to smell fresh air !, also ask for the Mossie repellant as there seems to be plenty of these pests around. Also ask for the rooms at the back of the hotel away from the gate, up stairs if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple