“Super experience”

Ranked #4 of 8 Fun & Games in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed August 21, 2017

I did a painting workshop at Nyoman's place and was lucky to be the only participant that day. As I particularly liked his paintings with the temple dancers, I attempted to paint one myself. He taught me about how to apply the different layers and to use the sprinkling technique and thus widened my amateur horizon considerably. The painting is lovely and when I'm at home I will try to continue with the newly acquired technique. For those planning to participate in a workshop some advice. Don't plan any activity after the workshop. As an artist Nyoman finishes the workshop when the painting is done. So it can happen that instead of 3 hours, you stay one hour longer because especially the sprinkling technique requires pauses in-between, as the color has to dry. Better bring something to eat and mosquito spray with you!

1  Thank Norbert B
"temple"
"bali"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

After I met Nyoman last year I knew I would taken my guests any where else. I hold retreats for women in Bali and art is one way I show them to get in touch with their feminine beauty and be present.
Nyoman has a lovely gentle nature and is the perfect teacher.
I highly recommend as a fun and family activity in ubud.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our painting class today with Nyoman. We learnt loads of new techniques and created paintings we were pleased with. Nyoman is a brilliant teacher and it was a fun afternoon! He was even kind enough to pick us up from our hotel, drop us home, and deliver our paintings the next day. Thank you for a great experience!

Reviewed June 27, 2017

I am a beginner to painting. I took 6 lessons from Nyoman Suarsa painting with acrylic.
At the end of 6 days I took back 5 canvasses. I am glad I did the lessons. The cost of a morning of instruction including all materials is a mere US$30 as of July 2017. I do recommend him.

1  Thank JCKSeah
See more reviews
Reviewed June 19, 2017

Each time I visit Bali I organise a class with Nyoman. I have had 4 classes in the past 18 months and every time it has been wonderful. He is a great teacher. This time I also bought along my friend who has never painted before. We had to the time of our lives. I would encourage everyone to try this at least once. We have officially run out of wall space so now I show my pieces in a local cafe. Do yourself a favour and book at class.

Been to Nyoman Suarsa Painting Classes? Share your experiences!