“Just wonderful experience”

Ranked #3 of 10 Fun & Games in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Each time I visit Bali I organise a class with Nyoman. I have had 4 classes in the past 18 months and every time it has been wonderful. He is a great teacher. This time I also bought along my friend who has never painted before. We had to the time of our lives. I would encourage everyone to try this at least once. We have officially run out of wall space so now I show my pieces in a local cafe. Do yourself a favour and book at class.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"bali"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I had wanted to do one class initially but ended up doing 5 classes throughout my stay in Ubud. Nyoman Suarsa is a great teacher - soft spoken, flexible, patient and humble. And very encouraging too ! The Studio is just a 5 min drive from central Ubud. Painting is therapeutic and learning from a good teacher makes all the difference. Thank you., teacher Suarsa !

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Suarsa art studio was very nice and he teaching very well about painting and also told me about Bali.
He's studio had many paintings of him,
And everything is very nice.
I enjoyed a lot with this art studio!
When I come back Bali I wanna take again this painting class.
ペイントクラスはとても楽しくエンジョイする事が出来ました。
彼のアートスタジオではたくさんのペイントを見ながら色々教えてくれました。

1  Thank tomomiy949
Reviewed 8 December 2016

I did only one painting class here and it wasn't enough! I finished to paint my beautiful fish, but I'd like to do something else and to study more new technics. You will enjoy your class with this artist and you will bring home your own painting! Also, there is not bad restaurant just opposite where you can have lunch after the class ;-)

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 October 2016

My husband and I spent an enjoyable morning at Nyoman's studio each learning a different painting technique - we were both very pleased with the artwork we produced. Nyoman is an excellent teacher who generously imparts his knowledge in a humble and unassuming manner. He is passionate about both his art and his culture. Cannot recommend this class highly enough. Will definitely do another class with Nyoman next time I visit Ubud.