“Worst food in ubud”

Ranked #75 of 871 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Petani at Alaya Resort Ubud is now anticipating the culinary needs of in-house guests and passersby with a delightful menu of flavoursome fare. This 60 seats dining venue has joined Ubud’s evolving restaurant scene with its own take on cuisine from around the Indonesian archipelago, Asia and beyond. The menu is essentially driven by island-fresh produce and seasonal specialties to ensure that diners are introduced to some of the best dishes that Bali has to offer. The team at Petani has gone all out to create a refreshing selection of beverages showcasing the range of tropical fruit that is locally available. There are exotic cocktails to ignite the holiday mood as well as pure juices for a healthy boost. Each glass is made to order using the Ruby 200 juicer, a top-of-the-line machine that extracts all the goodness from every piece of fruit. Petani even has its own team of trained baristas so that every cup of coffee is perfectly brewed using a rich blend of beans sourced by leading Indonesian roasting company Anomali. To guarantee consistency, these beans are processed using the La Marzocco FB/70 limited edition machine. The signature Sarapan Petani breakfast includes a serve of young coconut water and a choice of traditional fried rice or fried noodles served with tea or gourmet coffee to replenish energy levels. There is also a Continental or American breakfast accompanied with freshly squeezed juice, a seasonal fruit platter, tea and coffee. All items in a special pastry basket are baked fresh each morning by Tan’s Bakery, sister company to Alaya Ubud under the de daun group’s corporate umbrella. Petani has separate lunch and dinner menus featuring tasty dishes and sumptuous desserts to please the palate. There is also an all day tapas menu of regionally-inspired light bites to snack on or share with others. A Petani signature is the chef’s own version of bebek guling, a new version of the Ubud delicacy that will have visitors coming back for more. This distinctive street-front restaurant is a place to sit back and relax amidst an eclectic decor that brings together vintage and contemporary elements. It is a look created by Moroccan-born interior decorator Zohra Boukhari. Many collections of pre-loved antiques are showcased alongside framed samples of batik and other works of artistry. Furnishings are a mismatch of comfortable sofas and elegant dining settings. There are also several oversized tables where family and friends can gather socially over good food and conversation. Petani is open daily from 7am until late with a fun menu that celebrate Indonesia’s diverse culinary heritage and more.
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I cannot say how much disappointment I had with this restaurant. I ordered 6 course menu and regretted immediately after the first cause. No food presentation, the first course was a baguette topped with some crab tuna like thing. i stopped taking photo after the second dish. except the soup was average, none of the rest was ok.
i had 2 main courses and decided to give up on the second course (beef after duck).

the drink was ok

so many better places in bali/ ubud. will never visit again

Alayahotels, Manager at Petani Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Wanson,

A warm greeting from Petani Restaurant

Thank you for visiting our Restaurant, and for sharing your experience. We value your feedback as it helps us to focus on what is important to our guests.

It is regrettable to know that our food offer fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused and rest assured that your valuable comments were brought up to my teams and chef concerned to improve and elevate for better taste and presentation in the future. once again your constructive feedback are very valuable for us and hope we can host you again to restore your faith to experience our real taste and bring memorable dining experience to you.

We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future..

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Not just a restaurant, an institution for Alaya Ubud. We enjoyed a lovely dinner and the highlight was the slow cooked pork ribs, sensational. It also helped hsving great staff looking after us, like Dewa, congratuations to the Petani team!

DearMaria L,

Greetings from Petani Ubud Restaurant...

It’s an honor to host you recently at our restaurant and so happy to know that you had a wonderful dining experience.
Delighted to knowing that you impressed with the signature service we provided and that you admired every staff performance especially Dewa which made your experience an extra special one. Thank you for sharing a great review and recommend our restaurant to other people as good eatery dining place in Ubud.
Look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Best regard,

Reviewed 13 March 2018

My partner and I decided to eat dinner here and ended up loving it so much we came back two more times! For dinner we ordered the steak with vegetables and potatoes. We also had a chance to try the breakfast and it was amazing. I loved how they serve you fruit, a bread basket, and then your meal! I tried the bee pollen french toast and it was fantastic! Highly recommend!

Dear Meg S,

Greetings from PETANI Restaurant Ubud...

Thank you for giving such a positive review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that we able to tailor one memorable moment on your culinary experience in our restaurant.
It is our commitment to delight our valued guest with good ambiance as well my dedicated team has successfully delivered the experience beyond your expectation.

I certainly wish that the experience will bring you back to our restaurant and of course for more culinary option.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Petani Restaurant at Alaya Resort Ubud is one of my top 3 restaurants to dine at. I love the breathtaking decorations, the fantastic service and of course, the mouthwatering selections. Every dish transports me to a time long-gone when these exquisite selections were prepared exclusively for the Balinese royalty. I love the use of exotic spices in every dish, which is all presented so beautifully and the age-old recipes that are prepared so well! Hats off to the Chef! I know it is difficult to prepare an honest-to-goodness traditional Balinese dish, it takes more than talent - hours of preparation and marination for that tender, juicy treat you see in front of you, dedication and passion for the love of good food. A definite MUST. Try Manisan too, located right next to Petani amidst verdant rice fields for another enthralling dining experience.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Salad with a few small pieces of cucumber + green leaves total under 10 small cut pieces with a few shrimps smelt badly (food keeping problem)

Seafood laksa (no chopsticks brought along with) still same shrimps problem little portion ( not feeling full n satisfied)
Not getting the feeling of eating laksa(different n various tastes of a right laksa) the soup is totally not a laksa!!!!

Looks n price high end but low end food!
After reflection, offering a 15% of the bill but the captain pronounced as 50% a bit tricky! Checked the bill clearly n I told him directly! Only 15% for the compensation!
Finally, they collected me around 50% + a Penna cotta desert which was said to be the best of their cafe!

Of course, it was not bad but I m not a dessert fan so not much appreciated!

Anyway, I regretted making a wrong choice to go in after the cafe I chose closed earlier for deep cleaning!

Alayahotels, Manager at Petani Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear Vice K

I do appreciate for your feedback regarding your dining experience with us recently and within this opportunity to be able to respond and rectify some issue for our future concerned. pertaining food issue, i have table down with the chef as well kitchen team for food quality and proper quantity with the presentation. As well the service for specific menu with suggested proper cutlery to follow suit which i do agree and has listed to our standard too. but on the other side i would like to clarify that our waiter has mentioned 15 % ( barrier of language pronunciation ) as your food has been taken out from the bill ( half way finished ) and offered complimentary dessert, again its not our mean to defense but to clarify the fact. indeed it is our commitment to give the flawless service and thank you for your review on trip advisor and hope be able to welcome you in near future. thank you

Sincerely yours,