“Fun trip, even with a bite!”

Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 139 things to do in Ubud
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: In this unusual place of worship, mischievous simians throng among sacred temples and lush greenery.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had a lot of fun here. It was interesting to see all the monkeys doing their thing. One of our party got bit, and got a tetanus shot once we got home a few days later. We visited the clinic at the monkey forest right after and got him cleaned up. The monkey wasn't overly aggressive, we just accidentally startled mama monkey. Just be sure to read the rules and follow the instructions closely and you will be fine. Very beautiful location, lots of great photo ops.

Write a ReviewReviews (27,948)
All reviews
in 2,963 reviews
"aggressive"
in 2,352 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Very funny, cheap and well worth it. Buy the bananas they are not scary. Not very busy and well worth the £2 odd.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The monkeys are adorable and seeing the mum with the baby holding onto it is a sight I’ll never forget. The park is kept clean and the way they look after Nelson shows the work they are doing. They completely respect these animals even on a religious level so other reviews saying otherwise are nonsense.
I did see a monkey bite someone although no blood was drawn. I think this is always a risk of going somewhere like this

A monkey jumped on me to try get in my bag which was just hilarious. I did see monkeys try to steal hairbands and necklaces so be careful about loose things.
I was wearing a Tiffany bracelet and had an earring in and this was never touched however. I think they’re attracted to certain materials.

A must go. No doubt.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful area with temples and a canopy walk where you can see and even interact with the monkeys.

They need to ban visitors from bringing in plastic bottles, however. The monkeys go for them and bite them, I'm sure they're ingesting plastic. I saw many people getting their bottles swiped by monkeys. I also saw one monkey eating chewing gum :(