“Good massage, but don't rip me off on time”

Kush Ayurvedic Rejuvenation
Ranked #176 of 225 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
Reviewed November 25, 2016

Booked a 45 minute foot massage. Set the timer on my phone, and when the massage was done, he had only been massaging for 35 minutes. Also experienced the Shirodhara treatment. I have had them before and was really looking forward to the relaxation this provides. BUT, oil come out inconsistently, did not flow properly, and I had the therapist stop the treatment early.

Would not recommend until they get their act together.

2  Thank The.Wanderer99
"tension"
"bamboo"
"class"

Reviewed October 27, 2016

Last year been here for their balancing ayuryoga massage,the place(yoga barn)is big,but for the massage area,it is not very big,most area here are reserved for yoga class,and it is a bit hard to reach KUSH,but it is ok for me,cuz if you are confused,then go ask somebody else,staffs here are friendly.i reach there without difficulty.my therapist Gede was very skillful,the massage really enjoyed and relieved(I almost fell asleep)his pressure was strong,but you can ask him to give you more gentle touch,cuz i love stronger massage,it is ok for me.frankly speaking, the massage room not big enough,but the massage itself was great,so worth the money!

Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

Yoga barn massage - Kush Ryurvedic rejuvenation

1st impressions not that great.

You pay at reception and get told where to go not taken to your massage room. End of the world? Not really. Nonetheless to get to where you need to go is not easy to find either so maybe for some it might not be a good 1st impression.

When I finally found the massage reception (Kush) there was no one there just a sign saying Staff Only. Kush guest Only and Whisper Zone. I think they had taken Zen to another level.

Eventually someone spotted me. Horah. A lovely 7 month pregnant lady, no way was she my masseuse. Anyway I was lead to a spot to have some tea and a mini foot bath (which was nice) then to my massage room. Lord have mercy the lovely pregnant lady was my masseuse.

I was asked to strip then to put on the ever so sexy net pants of course in privacy.

My massage then took place in a dimly lit room. Was it an Ayuveda massage. Well I've had an Ayuveda massage before and it wasn't the same.

Was I impressed, No. would I have another, No. Was I peed of that it wasn't great, No.

You win some, you looses some that's what I've learnt in Bali, besides I was paying IDR and not British Sterling.

After the massage I was offered more tea however because the location is in practically in the middle of the jungle there were Mosquitoes everywhere and I was getting bit left right and centre.

Before I got out of there I was bitten at least 8 times. Bear that in mind if you book a massage. You are not in a carefully monitored environment.

It's the real deal with real streams outside and real creepy crawly's.

2  Thank MrAshraf
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

A couple of weeks ago, I had a 2:30pm appointment for the Crown Ayurvedic Head Massage. I arrived at the Yoga Barn, around 2:10pm with plenty of time to spare. Upon entering the premises of the Yoga Barn, I was a bit disappointed given all the hype that surrounds this facility as it appeared to be more of a hippy commune (or at least what I would imagine one to be) versus a zen retreat for yoga and massage.

As I wound my way through the property, I finally found the Kush massage area. There was no one at the desk to greet me, so I had to stand there until someone showed up to do so. A woman approached me and without any greeting, she told me the price of my service and asked for payment. There were no warm and fuzzies here. It was all business. Once the financial transaction was completed, I was led to the massage area, and instead of being led inside, I was escorted to an open air deck with a couple of chaise lounges.

Before the actual massage began, I filled out the a personal form (which in hindsight was totally pointless) and was given a beverage. At 2:31pm per my iPhone, my massage began while sitting up in one of the chaise lounges that I mentioned earlier.

The first 30 minutes or so was a pretty intense head rub with oils as well as some rubbing of my neck and upper shoulders. I chose this particular massage as I carry all of my stress in my upper back area. The massage to this point was decent enough, but this place was less than relaxing. There was a lot of ambient noise including construction work on premises, the chatter of spa workers, background music, and misc. other outside noises. On top of that, there were ants crawling all over me during the massage, which was rather creepy and a tad distracting to say the least.

Once the first 30 minutes had passed, I was asked to move to a hair washing station that looked like it was out of the 1930s. Sitting here was torturous at best, and it negated any of the positive effect that the first 30 minutes had accomplished. The next 15 minutes was essentially a hair washing and scalp massage like one would receive at any salon during the hair wash. It was nothing special, and combined with the torturous seating, I was relieved when it was finally over.

Then I was asked to move yet again, back to the chaise lounge. All of this up and down did not make for a relaxing experience. For the next 5 minutes, my hair was towel dried with some additionally scalp rubbing. Then like that it was over.

I immediately pointed to my watch, indicating that my massage had only gone 50 minutes. It was 3:20pm at this point. She then told me that the first 10 minutes that I was there filling out my form counted as part of the 1 hour massage. SERIOUSLY?? I was totally flabbergasted. She then turned and left without a care in the world, and brought me back some tea.

Over the next 10 minutes while drinking my tea, I got madder and madder about the marginal spa experience, the less than relaxing setting, the torturous washing chair, and the short changing of time. I left feeling thoroughly robbed, especially that there are so many amazing places to get a really fantastic massage in Ubud.

I share this story so that anyone thinking of using the services of Kush reconsider. Really reconsider.

You've Been Warned!!!

5  Thank Trendster
See more reviews
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

It's a shame that the yoga barn is going through construction at the moment, as there is constant noise and a smell of wet cement everywhere. The receptionist did pint this out when I booked and I decided to persevere and managed to relax . I had the foot massage which I found very very painful. The therapist wasn't able to explain why this was and just kept telling me to relax. At one point he even offered to stop the massage. I have had reflexology before and not found it painful at all. I asked if he could be more gentle but this didn't seem to be an option? I survived but I wouldn't have another. I also had the crown massage, not painful but quite uncomfortable as its a very firm massage. It is mostly on the head and a lovely mask of hibiscus leaves is left on and then shampooed out. It has left my hair really soft and healthy feeling. I then had a facial. It was very good but could have been more gentle . All treatments were carried out by men who were very nice but had fairly basic English. Next time I would ask for a female in the hope it would be more gentle! I am giving the 4 stars as the noise isn't their fault and I was made aware. The spa us lovely and clean and U felt very well looked after.

1  Thank cb1002014