“Great Price. Nice Buffet”
Review of Veggie Karma

Veggie Karma
Ranked #463 of 875 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Description: We specialize in Chinese and Asian vegetarian andvegan food which offers a unique alternative for vegetarians in Ubud. By using different ingredients, spices and sauces; we manage to make vegetarian food so tasteful even meat-lovers will like. Unlike most other restaurants, we do not use MSG nor chicken powder to keep our food healthy. Under the Chinese medical believe, too much cold or raw food will upset the balance of the “hot” and “cold” in the human body and harmful to health in the long-run. Therefore all our food is cooked upon your order. Come and enjoy our food in a casual and relaxing atmosphere. We have recently launched lunch and dinner buffet at a reasonable price. This will enable our customers to sample a bigger variety of vegetarian and vegan food and encourage more people to form a healthier eating habit.
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This place is super pretty. Nice and big. Was seated immediately and told to help myself to the buffet. The waitress was sweet and polite and had my drink to me super fast, which doesn’t always happen in Bali. The food was very tasty and I really enjoyed it! There was a decent variety though not quite as much as the restaurant next door (which is a lot less fancy, but also has a vegan buffet). I really liked that there were plenty of vegan protein options and loved the atmosphere. Great price at $50,000 IDR! My fizzy drink was super delicious, too.

Tai Ji Wellness C, Owner at Veggie Karma, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for the nice review. We appreciate your reminder that we do not show a big variety of dishes in our buffet. We took immediate action by adding five more dishes to offer our customers more selections. The customers response has been great. Hope you will come again to try our new fishes.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I've traveled extensively for work and pleasure. There are many food options in Ubud but surprisingly not many healthy, clean food restaurants in the heart of Ubud. After sampling several other places, I found myself eating at Vegge Karma almost every day during my stay this time. The buffet is a fantastic value.The staff is gracious and attentive. A serene garden setting adds to the delicious experience. I recommend trying some of the a la carte options. My favorite is the Asian veggie noodles. Wow! Definitely one of the highlights of my trip, with a taste that left a lasting memory. I look forward to experiencing more Vegge Karma during my next trip!

Tai Ji Wellness C, Owner at Veggie Karma, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you for your review. You have set a record for us by eating in our restaurant almost everyday for your 10 days stay. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

By far the best vegetarian, and vegan buffet restaurant I’ve ever been. The food is good quality and very clean it’s not oily and there is no MSG and preservatives. The people that run the business are so friendly and I cannot wait to come back! Alan and Cindy are absolute legends ❤️

Alan L, Owner at Veggie Karma, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

It was a pleasure to served you in our restaurant!

We would like to thank you very much for sharing your great feedback with us regarding your experience in Veggie Karma Restaurant.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Was recommended here by a friend and it didn’t disappoint, we had the buffet option and it was amazing! Great way to spend the last night in Ubud. The staff were really friendly and the food was really fresh! Would love to come back!

Alan L, Owner at Veggie Karma, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Charlieprice711,

Warmest greetings from Veggie Karma.

Thank you for being a vegetarian.

We really appreciated that you takes time to wrote a very good review for us. Our mission is to helping others to have more healthy eating habits.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Light and Love
Veggie Karma Team

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Had a tofu noodles, it was so delicious, I really like it. The tofu sooo soft and also the noodles was a home made Chinese noodles.
I like the ambiance, they has a beautiful garden at backside.
The staff was friendly but too shy to greeting people.
Will be back to try other dishes, they has so many vegetarian and vegan dishes. And also I would experience the Chinese traditional tea ceremony.

Tai Ji Wellness C, Owner at Veggie Karma, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thanks for the comment. We are trying to introduce more variety of Asian food by offering daily buffet soon. We shall also organize Chinese tea ceremony on a more regular basis in the near future. See you again soon.

Been to Veggie Karma? Share your experiences!