“Again...disappointing...”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The other day my family and myself rode to Ubud with the intention to have dinner at Toru Sushi, a Japanese Restaurant in the Centre of Ubud. Since all tables were occupied and some people even waiting at the entrance to be seated, we decided to head to Ryoshi, another Japanese restaurant a couple of minutes ride away from Toru Sushi. Our last visit was a couple of months back and was disappointing, so we thought to give it another try. The food was again disappointing, lacking freshness and taste and all this at a price that simply is not reflected in the food and service. The overall quality of Ryoshi as a restaurant was reflected though in the number of occupied tables: 3....Unfortunately, Ryoshi turned into an overpriced and below average restaurant. But: This was not always like this. Ryoshi needs some infusion of passion and life force, otherwise it will just stay what it currently is: a dull and boring, overpriced and mediocre restaurant.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I loved this restaurant a few years ago when I was in ubud. Since then I'm guessing the owner has changed as I've been very disappointed on my recent stay in Bali.

The quality of the fish has gone down. The quality of the rice has gone down. And the staff, on multiple trips here is just incompetent. You literally have 5 waitresses just standing around the cash register chatting and ignoring any customers. When you finally get their attention they *literally* drag their feet walking over to your table and act as if you're asking the world of them just to place an order.

It's pathetic.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely Japanese restaurant. Prompt and friendly service and delicious food. We had Giza and Tepura. Fresh and tasty. Take your insect repellent though!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Not quite sure where to begin. Lunch with a friend here was a terribly unpleasant experience. The food was okay at best. We were virtually the only ones there which is never encouraging, But the reason I am even writing this review is their utter lack of concern for us as guests. My friend requested "no sesame seeds" (a health issue) which was ignored on one of two dishes in her lunch - and my "Mixed seafood Bento Box" came - I am a pescatarian which I mentioned during my order. My meal arrived - with chicken and pork which, given that it was breaded, I only learned when biting into it. Do accidents happen? They can, although this is not an acceptable one. But the worst part was the utter disregard for what had happened. Not an apology. Our waitress brought me some fish to replace the meat - still no apology. We were so baffled by her attitude that we asked for the manager when the bill came - there was no manager she told us. And why should they even make a commercial gesture as I had eaten the replacement fish they had brought. NEVER AGAIN. Not good. Not enjoyable. Not worth your time or money.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Real asian cuisine, we got by mistake there we were looking for another asian rest, but we had a great dinner! Everything we ordered was great, tuna steak, bento box, sushi and rolls even the rice combo! We came back the next day for lunch!

Been to Ryoshi Ubud? Share your experiences!