“Friendly guide and easy cycle”

Banyan Tree Bike Tours
Ranked #25 of 210 Outdoor Activities in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Our local experienced guides will explain Bali's amazing culture and countryside as you explore quiet villages and traditional farming communities to expose the true heart of Bali. Upon arrival to our final destination you will be greeted with a delicious Balinese lunch at a traditional Balinese house.Useful Information: Our bike tours are suitable for beginner, advanced and children riders.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

I booked this tour for myself and my 7 month old baby and my friend. It was my baby’s first cycle ride so I checked before they had suitable equipment. The bikes were fine but the seat was not very secure so the baby didn’t enjoy the ride very much, however the guides were great and allowed us to keep stopping to calm him down. The ride was easy and mostly downhill so suitable for families and older riders too. The scenery was nice and the food for lunch was delicious. It was lovely to sit and talk to the family who own the company. They were very welcoming and entertained the baby whilst we ate. I would recommend this tour to families however not for baby’s in the seat.
Thanks for a lovely morning.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"hour ride"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

Two friends and I booked this tour the afternoon before and were accommodated even with the upcoming festival.

We were picked up ontime from our air bnb and taken to the start point about 30 minutes drive away.

The bikes were ready to go but they were of very poor quality and the helmets stank. Rather than saying anything we antibacterial sprayed the hats and started to ride. Looking back on it we should have asked for different bikes. Especially that on our return we saw they have around 50 bikes in the compound, some of better quality.

The quality of the bikes affected our ride as it made the steep up hill sections difficult. One of my friends walked everyone. We are all young, fit and used to cycling. I wasn’t expecting a ‘workout’ but my quads were burning afterwards.

Apart from this moan, the tour was excellent. We cycled for about an hour through the rice terraces, which was beautiful. Wis and Yan (if that’s the spelling of their names) were superb, ensuring we were all okay, telling us about Bali and answering our questions.

About half way through we stopped at an organic farm - Tebe Sari Coffee Plantation - and were given a sampler of tea, coffee, chocolate and wine they produced. We also payed to try the Luwak coffee (simply known to us as Cat poo coffee) which was a very yummy smooth flavour.

On finishing we felt like we needed to celebrate with a beer so they went out to get us one. And then fed us a delicious Indonesian meal. The crunchy tempeh and chicken satay were delicious.

I would recommend the tour but you need to make sure you are happy with the quality of the bikes before you start. Ask for a different one if it isn’t right.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

We loved it! Driven out of Ubud to pick up bikes for 2.5 hours gentle cycling through fantastic scenery - rice fields, countryside, villages. 5 of us in total taking it easy stopping for amazing views and photos. Snacks en route. Finished with a plantation ( could take or leave that) a decent walk of 45 mins through village, and along the river - really lovely. Finishing with an Indonesian lunch ( amazing - huge). Altogether a great trip

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

We took a tour near Ubud. The guides picked us up drove us to where the bikes were and guided us around. They took us on main roads, back roads, and even some trails through between rice fields. They were able to accommodate our big group of 25, outfitting us with water, helmets, baby seats, and some tandem bikes. The three hour ride was moderately difficult. We didn't go that fast, but there was some moderately challenging terrain. However, the guides kept our mixed group of young people, children and older folks together and safe. We visited a coffee plantation and finished with a delicious buffet lunch (included). It was the perfect way to see this beautiful landscape!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

The Rice Terrace Trekking Tour was one of the best tourist tours we have been on. Our guide, Wis, was fantastic; a real credit to the company. The sites and route taken was perfect for witnessing true, traditional Bali and was the best insight into the typical life of the Balinese people.

Wis was a fountain of knowledge, consistently adding interesting and insightful commentary to the beautiful landscape of rural Bali.

The lunch providing was lovely; Wis also arranged the chef to make special Balinese vegetarian dishes for us. He also bought us some lovely Balinese breakfast cakes at the market in the morning.

I would recommend this to anyone and everyone; make sure you say hi to Wis from me.

Excellent!!!