“Great Experience”

East Bali Surf and Sail
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We provide private lesson for surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, stand up paddle, optimist and Hobiecat. Enjoy hobiecat 16 ride to see beautiful sanur from the sea.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

My wife, Jen, and I took a surfing lesson at East Bali Surf and Sail as part of our honeymoon and we had a GREAT time. The owner, Charlie (sp.?), was very welcoming as soon as we got there. EBSS provided footwear, surf shirts, boards, and water for the session. There were lockers for personal items, showers and extra sunblock, although my wife got some intense sunburn on her back legs (make sure you put plenty of sunblock on before you surf). My instructor was Oka Sulaksana, who happens to be an Olympic windsurfer and is rather famous around Bali, so to have him as my instructor as a total beginner was an incredible opportunity. He gave incredible tips and was ultra attentive. After a quick land lesson about how to get up on the board when catching a wave and how to paddle, we took a boat out to where the waves were and started paddling in the water with our instructors right with us, towing us in tandem. Charlie was behind us the whole time to help after catching waves or if we took a tumble. When a wave came Oka told me to paddle, then he pushed me forward to catch it. I stood up and I was on my way. Both me and my wife caught a bunch of waves and also wiped out a bunch. I ended up swallowing a little too much sea water about an hour and fifteen minutes in and went back to the boat while my wife finished her 2 hour lesson, having the time of her life. The instructors also took video of us with a. Go-pro camera for a keepsake. They are sending the footage soon. We learned a lot, loved our experience at EBSS, and plan on continuing to learn how to surf in New York City, where we're from (yes, there are lots of surf opportunities in the big city too, but not quite like Bali, haha). This was our first time surfing and doing it really changed our lives. Thank you EBSS for helping us learn, grow, and have an amazing time on our honeymoon!

All reviews
"gear"
"school"
"company"

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Pete Australia, My wife and hired windsurfing gear for a couple of sessions all the gear is in excellent condition we had a ball. The whole team gave us guidance as to the conditions we felt very comfortable, well done to all I can highly recommend them.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Just got back home from a quick trip to Bali after a few days of wind, waves and zipping around on motorcycles. I'd definitely recommend East Bali Surf and Sail if you happen to be in the Sanur area. Charlie and his amazing team were really helpful all the way. Did a bit of windsurfing and surfing and had a ball. They've always got something for people across all ages, skill and fitness levels. Great place to go to especially if you're a rookie. Its conveniently located on the beach as well, very close to hotels and quaint little homestays. Plenty of restaurants and bars along the boardwalk as well if you just want to kick back and grab a Bintang while your friends and family are in the water. Overall, had a great time with these chaps. Give them a shout if you're in the area!

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Our hotel used this company for water sports and tours which was convenient because they brought the equipment to us outside our hotel beach exit and collected it likewise. We did paddle boarding which was great and then took a boat ride out to little reef which is a very short boat ride. The boat was well fitted out and life jackets were offered. The equipment fitted properly and was well maintained. Snorkelling at that location was very good - lots of fish species including a couple from Nemo!

The office proper is just north of the Fairmont Hotel on the beach footpath.

1  Thank BSWAustralia
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

This afternoon I rented a hobiecat and went sailing. The wind was off shore and gusty and I got into trouble getting back. The team was very helpful in sending out a boat to pick me up. The catamaran had capsized and it took them 45 mins to get it back upright. When they arrived back at shore they asked me to pay 200$ as the main sail had a tear. This surprised me as there was no tear when I was picked up and I had given 30$ for the effort of picking me up. I told them that I had no issue compensating for part of the damage but asked them to be honest about where and how the sail tore. First I was surprised to hear that the boats were not insured and as renter you are fully liable for any expenses / damages. Second I wasn't pleased by the fact that they were not honest. I paid the money and after asked for an honest explanation, after I waited and waited the owner wanted to come and explain. By that time I was fed up and told him that I would write my thoughts in a review. I can imagine margins are tight and after coming to Bali for 15 years I have seen this many times but still feel being honest is the way people should treat each other.

3  Thank Franssingapore