“Rental”

East Bali Surf and Sail
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We provide private lesson for surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, stand up paddle, optimist and Hobiecat. Enjoy hobiecat 16 ride to see beautiful sanur from the sea.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

This afternoon I rented a hobiecat and went sailing. The wind was off shore and gusty and I got into trouble getting back. The team was very helpful in sending out a boat to pick me up. The catamaran had capsized and it took them 45 mins to get it back upright. When they arrived back at shore they asked me to pay 200$ as the main sail had a tear. This surprised me as there was no tear when I was picked up and I had given 30$ for the effort of picking me up. I told them that I had no issue compensating for part of the damage but asked them to be honest about where and how the sail tore. First I was surprised to hear that the boats were not insured and as renter you are fully liable for any expenses / damages. Second I wasn't pleased by the fact that they were not honest. I paid the money and after asked for an honest explanation, after I waited and waited the owner wanted to come and explain. By that time I was fed up and told him that I would write my thoughts in a review. I can imagine margins are tight and after coming to Bali for 15 years I have seen this many times but still feel being honest is the way people should treat each other.

3  Thank Franssingapore
"bintang"
"gear"
"lockers"

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Charles and the team sorted us out with a boat and took us out a short distance to feed schools of fish. Reasonable prices and great, friendly service. Highly recommended. Will go again.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

Sailing was something that I've remembered as a love of mine and last year I realized that it had been over 20 years since I'd actually sailed. Shortly after that realization, almost like magic, someone told me of East Bali Surf and Sail. I have now been a number of times for an afternoon of sailing, including my last two birthdays. Yesterday in fact I brought 11 people with me and Charlie and the crew were extremely helpful. We sailed, kayaked, snorkeled, fed swarms of fish by hand and generally had an amazing time. One of my friends said that it was THE best birthday activity days she'd ever been on and that's the kind of response you want to hear from your friends when you bring them somewhere. Thanks again!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

My wife and I scheduled a surf lesson with East Bali Surf and Sail as part of our honeymoon and Charlie and his team were awesome. I surfed and my wife tried stand up paddleboard for the first time and we had such a fun time. Both of us got up thanks to the instructors. Very professional and friendly staff. Highly recommend...