US$17
US$117
US$77
Agoda.com
EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$332
Harper Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$33
Agoda.com
Palloma Hotel Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$19
US$14
Agoda.com
The Kana Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$42
Hard Rock Hotel Bali(Kuta)
US$171
US$133
Agoda.com
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Grand Inna Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$90
Agoda.com
All reviewsnon smokingcolonial stylecontinental breakfastlegian streettoilet doorfrosted glassrooms are smallroom on ground floora small boutique hoteltea and coffeethe pool area is greatsmall lanebars and clubswalking distance to the beachquiet streettwo nightscleaned every day
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I would highly recommend this hotel, the staff are exceptional and cannot do enough for you.
The hotel is exceptionally clean with good sized rooms and a comfortable bed the only improvement would be drawer space. We knew this before we arrived and took storage boxes with us, I think most travellers only spend a couple of nights here so it isn't an issue we stayed for 10 nights so had quite a lot of luggage.
The pool area is great we always got a bed and towels are provided, there is even a basket with sun cream and other bits and bobs if you have forgotten yours.
Breakfast is good with a choice of cereals, pastries, toast, juice, tea and coffee, we were also provided with a kettle in our room.
The hotel also have the resturant across the road where cooked items can be purchased if you want them, it is open until 10pm and is very cheap, we even found the beer was cheaper here than the supermarket.
The hotel is situated on a side street very centrally located for shops bars and restaurants.
The staff in the hotel speak very good English and will point you in the right direction.
By the end of our holiday we felt we had found our extended family and it was quite sad to leave.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I am staying at the Samsara for two nights as my last stop in Bali before heading back to the United States. I have been in Bali for two incredible weeks and want to come back someday to share it with others. The Samsara, which is tucked back into a quaint alley, is an incredible value. The hotel is well maintained. The area by the pool is a relaxing place to read a book and they always have water available to quench your thirst. The rooms are small, but very clean and nicely pointed and very clean. The staff is kind and the service is excellent. The location is great as it is in the heart of everything and about a 15 or 20 minute walk to Kuta beach. I highly recommend this hotel for the price - you will feel at home and not be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I’d be the first to admit that on first glance at the brochure and webpage the Samsara, by Lingga Marti, would not have been my first choice of places to stay in Bali. But having just spent 3 nights here I take that all back – I like it!

It’s difficult to say exactly what appeals about this quaint hideaway but it ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to inexpensive accommodation in Bali. Almost oasis-like, it is hard to imagine you are right in the heart of Legian with all the best shopping and restaurants located only meters away. Yet it offers tranquillity in a pseudo-Colonial style. The perfect place to chill out on a hot afternoon and still be walking distance from the top night spots.

Classic but chic comes to mind when describing the design of this 42-room property with rooms located on three levels facing towards the central garden and enticing swimming. The delightful welcoming touches to your room make you want to sleep on the floor as you don’t want to disturb the bed cover decorations.

My only concern was the frosted glass partition dividing off the bathroom. It looks trendy and cleverly allows the natural light into the main room but you need to be good friends with your roommate as there is no door. Those embarrassing noises may be a potential friendship killer!

This little oversight is a minor distraction compared to the overall pleasant experience we had. In fact, I would willingly stay here again especially as it is so well priced compared to many other less attractive Bali properties I have experienced.

It also made me aware that you do not need to look at 4 & 5 Star properties to find the perfect place to enjoy all Bali has to offer. My eyes have been opened. Backpackers will relish the extra luxury for what amounts to very little additional cost.

The Samsara Inn is child-free so not for families and is non-smoking throughout the premises, leaving the focus on adult relaxation. I likened it to being invited to a friend’s large coastal holiday home, welcoming, unpretentious with a laidback atmosphere.

For refreshments and meals, they have a cute café located directly across the narrow laneway. Or, if you prefer, you can order anything at the hotel and it will be brought to you, poolside, your room or in the lounge area.

For my colleagues who have only done a site inspection, the Samsara should be seriously considered as a property to place couples and friends of any age looking for quality at a reasonable price. Staying here far exceeds what you see from a simple room inspection. I recommend it.

Best of all. It punches above its star rating.

Book direct, online, or via @Leisure Travel for amazing deals.

Room Tip: If you don’t like stairs ask for a ground floor room, there is no lift, your bags are delivered to your room by the friendly staff.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AustralianTravelGuru
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here before and were welcomed warmly as returning guests, even with a note in our room, which was sweet. The staff here are thoughtful and kind - I got ill during our stay and they were often checking if I was better.

The room was clean, and cleaned every day. I like the refillable soap to minimise plastic use. The rooms are standard size and decorated in a modern and classy way. Soon they may need a thorough maintenance check to stop it getting tired, but it is still nice. The bed is comfy and there is a tv and AC. WiFi generally works fine but takes lots of logging back in.

The pool area is great and pool towels are provided. Location is handy for walking to Kuta - many restaurants and bars around, and the beach is about 10-15 mins walk away. Breakfast is very nice - pastries, toast, cereal, fruit, juice, tea and coffee, and cooked items can be purchased if you want.

The reason I have given 4 stars is that a couple of times we couldn’t sleep too well - once at 1am someone was hammering (in the hotel). My partner went down to reception and he apologised and stopped. We were then woken by a staff member knocking on our door telling us to wake up at 5:30am. We heard some guests then heading downstairs with their luggage, so I guess it was a mistaken wake up call.

Anyway, other than the above noise issues, enjoyed another stay at samsara. The staff’s warmth and hospitality is a credit to the hotel, especially the ladies at reception.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2018

The Samsara Inn is well located in the heart of the action but has a very quiet relaxing feel.
The staff are very helpful, the decor is crisp and clean and the balconies overlooking the lovely pool are a nice place to chill.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family