“Big restaurant with big taste of Indonesian food”

Ikan Bakar Cianjur (Pondok Tempo Doeloe)
Ranked #96 of 1,124 Restaurants in Kuta
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Yummy gurame fish, we had this place by recommendation. the restaurant is big and cater for group but we enjoyed the gurami frying fish with the sambal. we would definitely go back to Ikan Bakar cianjur

Reviewed 3 May 2018

We were brought here by our guide. We stayed in Bali for four nights and this was the third seafood restaurant that deep fried their seafood. It looks like the seafood restaurants in Bali has found a solution to quick customer service or is it just Balinese cooking. Anyway, with the different sauces and condiments, this seafood restaurant stands out from the others we tried. And needless to say, the staff were great!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

It is a good place for lunch. We had different type of fish dishes from grill fish to fish soup. It is different from Balinese food but something interesting to try. The red sticky rice in coconut milk is worth trying.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

had a quick lunch before nyepi and was so good, for indonesian friend fish and chilly, we recommended this place if you are into real indonesian food.nearby our hotel, we just took a cab and it costed nothing

Reviewed 23 February 2018

In 2015, my family and I visited IBC, Jakarta. We spent almost two hours in taxi to get there and back, with the taxi fare rising to match what we spent at the restaurant. Yet we all concluded that it was totally worth the money.

I wanted to fly to Jakarta several times just to visit this restaurant again but never did (I don't live in Indonesia). When passing by Bali this time, I saw IBC from my taxi window. Wow! I didn't know that there are in fact two IBC restaurants in Bali (amongst about 20 of them all over Indonesia).

This is a restaurant that Indonesians go. It is NOT a restaurant for foreigners (and why should foreigners eat their own food in a foreign country? It bewilders me to see so many western restaurants in Bali...) The quality of the fish is amazing, especially in consideration of the very reasonable price (about 100,000 per fish dish). I came twice and intend to come yet again before my departure.